Valued Contributor

MATCHING SURVEY CRITERIA...what????

I get an email to take a survey - normally I don't take surveys from anyone online.  But this time I said why not.  Complete the entire survey only to be told QVC is sorry but I don't meet their criteria but there will be other surveys?  WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!  More rubbish from QVC....obviously they didn't like some of my negative comments; but I also gave positive comments.  Bottom line QVC does not want to improve itself....so phony was the survey.  Let's see if they even post this?

Honored Contributor

Re: MATCHING SURVEY CRITERIA...what????

That happened to me too, more than once.

Occasional Contributor

Same for me!  Only I gave positive remarks and am perplexed why this happened, other than it’s Not working as expected. 

Respected Contributor

Same thing happened to me about an hour ago. I spent a good twenty minutes or more on the survey as I gave some detailed suggestions and such. And my ratings were glowing! I got the same message at the end as you that I did not meet the criteria...blah, blah, blah. WTH?! Rest assured I'll never waste my time on that bull sh*t again.   

Esteemed Contributor

I suspect that QVC is using a 3rd party marketing firm and only wants people from a certain age demographic to answer their questions. Once they get a certain number of answers from the baby boomer age group, then they don't want anymore feedback from that age group. This happened to me in a survey from The Shopping Channel in Canada. 

I suspect it's because QVC really only wants feedback from a younger demographic: GenX, millennials and younger because that's the market that they want to attract (but haven't been successful at it).

Respected Contributor

@TY  I think you have nailed it.  But the survey firm is foolish to indicate that a particular participant isn't "suitable" or whatever jargon they used.  As someone else upthread said simply say "thank you" to the respondent.

Last time I did a survey for Q was June, 2018, via a link in an e-mail request.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

I suspect that QVC is using a 3rd party marketing firm and only wants people from a certain age demographic to answer their questions. Once they get a certain number of answers from the baby boomer age group, then they don't want anymore feedback from that age group. This happened to me in a survey from The Shopping Channel in Canada. 

I suspect it's because QVC really only wants feedback from a younger demographic: GenX, millennials and younger because that's the market that they want to attract (but haven't been successful at it).

I haven't seen the survey, but I would suspect that you're on the right track, @TY.    All of the surveys I've taken in past years for QVC have been generated by 3rd-party firms (I think most companies do that, by the way).    

And I think they only want a certain group involved, but most well-designed surveys will ask the demographic or "target" questions up-front, early in the process, and display a message ending the survey before the majority of questions are even asked.    It sounds like this one isn't as well-designed, allows the customer to spend valuable time answering questions, and then drops the ax on their participation.   That's a great way to alienate customers and it's not a "good look" for QVC or Qurate, in my opinion, but to be frank they don't seem to be doing much to try and improve their image.   As I said not long ago on another thread, it's almost as if they're emulating the play, "The Producers," and deliberately sabotaging their product, but I'm not convinced they'll stumble upon a winner as Bialystock and Bloom did.😉

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I just spent a good ten minutes filling out a survey for QVC. I have been a happy customer for many year, but this past year I have had so many wrong items or wrong color sent to me (or an order not sent at all) that I have learned to not count on QVC for important presents or outfits for occasions.  I usually don’t fill out surveys, but thought this was a good time to give my good and bad feedback as I feel something has happened this past year and the Q really needs to address it.  I got the same message that I don’t meet the criteria after filling out the whole survey.  They didn’t ask my age either.  Just add this to my frustrating experience QVC.

Regular Contributor

i hahe same experience yesterdAY.  Veri frustrating

Regular Contributor

I think they are looking for certain qualifications or demographics. I receive surveys from a company that does the surveys for Target and they always ask a couple of questions and then tell me whether I qualify or not. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
It is what it is!!!