Respected Contributor

Re: MARY BETH - 30 YRS. @QVC

@StarryNight wrote:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Mary Beth, such a classy lady and a pleasure to watch Smiley Happy.  Happy Anniversary Mary Beth! Heart

Yes and very professional and easy to listen to! I've been with QVC as long as she has. She sold me my first diamonique ring and Principal Secret skincare. I always trusted her. I'm wiser now and know that they're all just sales people and don't watch the shows anymore (go online and look at what was on for the day) but Mary Beth is one of the few who I will still watch. Always a pleasure. Happy 30th Anniversary Mary Beth!Smiley Happy

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Valued Contributor

My Mom has watched QVC since Day one and loves MBR, has all her cookbooks and bought loads of gold from her through the years.

Mom is now 81 & suffering from dementia and other ills but she always perks up when MBR is on the Q. She seems like a sweet lady and down to earth and she looks great for her age. When she had her car accident last year I read my Mom the updates, she really feels a connection with her. I guess they have spent some time together over the years.

Happy Anniversary Mary Beth!

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Super Contributor

Congratulations, Mary Beth!

I remember when Mary Beth and Judy came to QVC from CVN.

It seems like yesterday ~ time does fly.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Honored Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

Congratulations, Mary Beth!

I remember when Mary Beth and Judy came to QVC from CVN.

It seems like yesterday ~ time does fly.

I do too,  And Dan Wheeler I  think was another who came over, if memory serves me correctly.  

I once talked on the air on CVN with MBR.  She was selling a set of Royal Doulton Moonlight Roses (the blue roses) on air and I got through to talk to her because I have a set of red roses Royal Doulton dinnerwear so I was giving a testimonial.  I think she said either her mother or grandmother had the blue roses and she was so sweet to talk to.   I really wish the newer hosts were more like MBR - calmer, not the center of attention, very professional as others have stated here.  

Honored Contributor

I've watched Mary Beth since ~almost~ the beginning and she has never changed!  She is my #1 favorite host, always professional, speaks extremely well and doesn't see the need to do all the superfluous "stuff" that so many of the other hosts do to get our attention.

Mary Beth, you still have my attention, and happy 30th  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mary Beth is one of my favorites. Always looks and acts professional and polite, never talking over a guest, always bringing up questions that the viewer may have (and I know other hosts bring up questions, too, but Mary Beth seems to have more "useful" questions, if that makes sense). I was watching her a week or so ago with that home decor lady, and Mary Beth asked if an item was along the lines of shabby-chic (which, imho, it kind of was, too), but the home decor lady kind of smirked and said 'no..it is vintage'..(or whatever the home decor lady called it). Mary beth was very respectful and 'corrected' herself, agreeing with the home decor lady (even though, really, to me, the item was much more shabby-chic than vintage, lol). 

Any way, Mary beth is a sweetheart. Always professional and very respectful and dressed nicely...not looking like she just came from the gym or just showed up to mop the floors. 

Respected Contributor

Mary Beth, you are a wonderful host with such class! 

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor

Happy Anniversary, Mary Beth!!

We are so blessed to have you brighten our days. You as a host, and more importantly, as a person are simply the best. You have no idea what it means to see a mature woman behaving with grace and professionalism, respecting her vendors, staff, and viewers, and not acting like a goof ball in the process. You are such a bright light in these otherwise dark days.

May you and your family keep laughing, loving and continue to reap what you've sewn (God's blessings).

dee

Trusted Contributor

@Debzzz wrote:

My Mom has watched QVC since Day one and loves MBR, has all her cookbooks and bought loads of gold from her through the years.

Mom is now 81 & suffering from dementia and other ills but she always perks up when MBR is on the Q. She seems like a sweet lady and down to earth and she looks great for her age. When she had her car accident last year I read my Mom the updates, she really feels a connection with her. I guess they have spent some time together over the years.

Happy Anniversary Mary Beth!

@Debzzz,

What a sweet post. It brought a tear to my eye. You see, MBR really does have a great connection with many, many viewers over the years.

dee

Valued Contributor

@deedledeedeedle I once saw Tova on with Mary Beth when she first came back from her accident. Tova said that Mary Beth was the heart of QVC and welcomed her back so warmly. Seeing my Moms reaction and reading these posts I can see that was a true statement.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."