Honored Contributor

Re: MARY BETH - 30 YRS. @QVC

Remember when Nolan Miller made Mary Beth that gorgeous red velvet dress?  I think - if i remember correctly - it was a gift for some anniversary of their shows together.  But I'm sure he made her the dress. It was very classy, just like MBR and you could tell that MB loved it.

Valued Contributor

Mary Beth, You are a Class Act!

Esteemed Contributor

SHe is the best thing on QVC.  LOved her shows with Nolan Miller.  A classy LADY with a classy gentleman.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations!  Fantastic host and a real lady.  Extremely professional.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@mollybgood wrote:

Congratulations, Mary Beth!

I remember when Mary Beth and Judy came to QVC from CVN.

It seems like yesterday ~ time does fly.

I do too,  And Dan Wheeler I  think was another who came over, if memory serves me correctly.  

I once talked on the air on CVN with MBR.  She was selling a set of Royal Doulton Moonlight Roses (the blue roses) on air and I got through to talk to her because I have a set of red roses Royal Doulton dinnerwear so I was giving a testimonial.  I think she said either her mother or grandmother had the blue roses and she was so sweet to talk to.   I really wish the newer hosts were more like MBR - calmer, not the center of attention, very professional as others have stated here.  

Yes Dan Wheeler did start off with CVN.

As an aside, Colleen Lopez was also a host on CVN but she lost her job when CVN was acquired by QVC.   

Respected Contributor

Like so many have stated here, Mary Beth is a class act. In her early years I always scheduled my Sunday afternoon time to be able to watch her 3:00pm Doll Show. If I had to use one word to describe Mary Beth it would be "focused". Focused on what is important in her life: Faith, Family and Friends. Mary Beth is also very focused with her on air presentation style. It's rare these days for a person to remain with a company for 30 years. Happy 30 year anniversary Mary Beth.
Honored Contributor

Congratulations to MaryBeth. That is great-30 Years!!!!She is the ultimate professional!!!

Honored Contributor

Mary Beth is an asset to QVC. I hope she stays here for many more years!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations to Mary Beth. The Q has a goldmine in her and they know it. She is an excellent host and a very very special lady. Both Michael George, CEO and her boss came to praise.

She's enjoying it all, and I wish her more successes as she moves forward.

Esteemed Contributor

Mary Beth has been a wonderful asset to QVC for the past 30 years.  To me she is the consummate professional, and an exemplary example of my idea of a television shopping channel host.  It's a tribute to her professionalism, and as a person, that she still has a place at QVC after 30 years.  The high regard fellow hosts and vendors seem to have for her doesn't feel fake and manufactured to me.  

I think Nolan Miller made a couple of gowns for Mary Beth to wear during their shows. In those days the models and host wore formal attire for Nolan Miller shows.  He definitely made a maternity gown for her when she was expecting her son Ryan.  It was red and may be the red velvet Pearley referred to. 

Congratulations to Mary Beth!