Honored Contributor

Re: MANY NEW HOSTS FOR WHAT?

Speaking of the newest hosts, did they hire Anthony Heywood for one show a week only?  He seems to hardly ever be on air.   

Esteemed Contributor

I like the idea of lots of hosts that rotate. At least that would add variety to already stale programming since they repeat the same products and vendors.

Respected Contributor

QVC should utilize the talents of the NEW hosts.  They hired them.  They trained them.  Then, they still over-use Jane T., Shawn and Amy.  Those three are always on.  Give the new hires some decent shifts, for crying out loud.

Trusted Contributor

The senior hosts have been on for over 20 years.  The channel needs a deep bench but it also has to determine how to stay in business for the next 20 years.  Millenials are leaving television in favor of their computers, phones, etc.  We have had this discussion before:  how many of us order online and don't have the Q on as background all day, like we used to?  It's a new world, and I think we can expect new hosts to last five to 10 years, if that.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe they need more hosts to cover vacations,illnesses etc.? Plus as we have seen all do not make the cut and they have to allow for departures. Plus some hosts may decide to retire and they need replacements.

Esteemed Contributor

@Westshopper wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

OK, so Beauty IQ is finished and Q3, or whatever they call it, will be “encore” shows. So why did they hire so many new hosts? Are they each going to switch off every 2 hrs. on the two remaining channels?

There doesn’t seem to be much advance planning.

Same thing I posted similar in the Cathy P leaving thread. They have 2 channels one only part time live T.V. and so many host. I think there's going to be more cuts. Just my opinion.

-----------------

I would be more than happy to suggest a name or two or three!!!!

Valued Contributor

I would love to see a sorta veteran host go and a couple, three of the newer ones.  But there is no way they can gauge who we like and purchase from when same hosts continue to get the better income producting lines and most of the new merchandise, while some of the better new hosts get worse time slots (I guess for obvious reasons) and clearance priced, old worn out merchandise.  I am afraid QVC is grasping at straws right not to build their business back up.

Respected Contributor

I am sure several of the older hosts are getting ready to move on. They won’t stay there forever

Probably need to weed thru all the newer ones, who sells, who doesn’t, who improves, who doesn’t. Some won’t make the cut and some will.

I also tend to think the older hosts are not on air as much as they once were, maybe by their own choice - maybe not -  except maybe Jane T., she is still going strong.

-Texas Hill Country-
New Contributor

I agree. QVC is making a lot of changes but none of them are better for the customer. The shipping now is taking longer than ever. I have stopped shopping with them for awhile.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

QVC probably wants the older hosts to leave so they can save money.  Not impressed with most of those in the last group of hires.   So many changes in QVC and HSN and certainly not a benefit to the customers.  I barely watch anymore and my ordering is down to maybe 1 or 2 items in the last couple of months.  I did place a few HSN orders because of A. Lessman and Perlier.