Highlighted
Honored Contributor

OK, so Beauty IQ is finished and Q3, or whatever they call it, will be “encore” shows. So why did they hire so many new hosts? Are they each going to switch off every 2 hrs. on the two remaining channels?

There doesn’t seem to be much advance planning.

Honored Contributor

Re: MANY NEW HOSTS FOR WHAT?

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

OK, so Beauty IQ is finished and Q3, or whatever they call it, will be “encore” shows. So why did they hire so many new hosts? Are they each going to switch off every 2 hrs. on the two remaining channels?

@Shanus

I think Beauty iQ was a strategic risk. QVC France abruptly ceased operations at exactly the same time as the Beauty iQ channel did here.  Perhaps the financing and/or business processes were tied together, because stopping operations on a Wednesday with no warning was just odd.  

Valued Contributor

I don't know, but there have been a few times lately that the same vendor has been on q1 and q2 at the same time..one live, one recorded...and I don't even watch much anymore. If you watch a lot, I would think that would get old quickly, especially if it's a product or vendor you don't care about

Regular Contributor

I don't cook anymore or garden. Threw away most of my pots and pans.  Sorry, David, I love you but no more cooking !   Felinemom

Super Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Same thing I posted similar in the Cathy P leaving thread. They have 2 channels one only part time live T.V. and so many host. I think there's going to be more cuts. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I was one of the very few who thought it would be a good idea to air re-runs during the middle of the night when most/many customers are most likely sleeping.

At that time, I was thinking 'along the line' that perhaps the  fashion, etc., prices would remain the same  (no significant price increases).

(There was a Q survey way way back.)

Yes, it does seem as though there are quite a few hosts now.

Well, maybe they have yet another  future channel in mind (?). 

We'll have to wait and see. 

'Wait and see where the cat's going to jump'.   (Another one of my dear dad's sayings that  just popped into my mind, after many, many years.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I don't think Q3 is permanently back to reruns.

Honored Contributor

I too have a feeling more heads are going to roll, they have the newest ones to take up the slack and then see who swims or sinks out of that group. I like the fresh new hosts on the over night. I have a feeling some of the hosts have agents so I bet their contracts are year to year and rely on performance. I guess they better make 6 figures, what does an agent take, like 10 %!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think we're in a position to judge how and when hosts are used.  I'm sure they spend many hours off camera in meetings, training sessions, performing PR duties and preparing for shows.  Some of them, including the "oldies" may be working part-time.

They must need them or they wouldn't have hired them.  I'm sure they knew some wouldnt make the grade.  Some may decide the job isn't for them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Considering how ill-prepared and uninformed a good number of hosts are, I personally doubt that they spend many hours in meetings or planning sessions.  Unless they forgot a lot.

As noted, QVC management has made a number of poor strategic business decision as of late.  Perhaps hiring 6 new hosts all at once is another.