Respected Contributor

Re: M91597 Squirrel Brand Silver & Gold Toffee Almonds & Landies Bark

@BalletBabe wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

We received the 2 cans of Squirrel Brand fancy silver & gold toffee almonds, wow are they good!  Also ordered Landies Bark stuffed bars and they arrived broken and stuffing oozing out, they were intended for gift giving accompanied with a gift card, money etc.  

Since the Landies didn't work out ordered more of the Squirrel Brand almonds, they may be more entertaining anyway as people may try to peel off the "foil" lol.

@rockygems123   WellI went to look at them and what  doIsee?? David singing and JT doing Ballet or trying to.SOOO I won't be ordering.

@BalletBabe 

They don't come in the cans bwahaha!

When I reordered I saw some movement as the video came on automatically.  SO glad I didn't look!  

Seriously if you eat sweets or know people that do these are wonderful.

Did you order your Russell Stover tins this year?

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I ordered the bark for a gifts to the nurses and aids who take care of my friend.  I am on the Dec 4 delivery.

I hope it is not rough looking and damaged.  I have never ordered it before, but took a chance.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

I have eaten silver and gold candy before.  Yummy.

@Carmie   The bark was quality last year, this year even if not broken with messy leaked stuffing are dismal in comparison.  Much smaller and sparse toppings.

I'd consider something else to give. Maybe small bags of Ghirardelli chocolate squares or Lindt truffles from the grocery store?  They run about $5 a bag when on sale. 

Here's a pic of the Landies. 7 of the 9 broken:

20231124_091208.jpg

I would ask for a refund. Those look atrocious.

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

We received the 2 cans of Squirrel Brand fancy silver & gold toffee almonds, wow are they good!  Also ordered Landies Bark stuffed bars and they arrived broken and stuffing oozing out, they were intended for gift giving accompanied with a gift card, money etc.  

Since the Landies didn't work out ordered more of the Squirrel Brand almonds, they may be more entertaining anyway as people may try to peel off the "foil" lol.

@rockygems123   WellI went to look at them and what  doIsee?? David singing and JT doing Ballet or trying to.SOOO I won't be ordering.

@BalletBabe 

They don't come in the cans bwahaha!

When I reordered I saw some movement as the video came on automatically.  SO glad I didn't look!  

Seriously if you eat sweets or know people that do these are wonderful.

Did you order your Russell Stover tins this year?

@rockygems123   I did!!!

Respected Contributor

The first time I saw these presented, I wanted to order. They're so pretty and toffee is one of my favorites. The drawback was the "foil". I went to an Indian wedding a long time ago and they had tables full of beautiful desserts, many of which had edible gold leaf on top. It did a number on my gold caps; I have a horrible issue with grinding my teeth and the dentist put in gold caps on two of my back teeth. I may still cave because I really want to like them, just afraid of how they may react with my caps. Anyone have problems with this?