Trusted Contributor

Lunctime Specials bad review

Why does QVC offer the Diamonique Motif Ring at 19.00 when two of the reviews mentioned stones falling out.

Here's one review:

I have ordered Diamonique for years and never had anything so bad. Gave the ring to my 35yr old daughter. She went to work washed her hands two different times and by noon she showed her husband the ring I gave her and all the stones were gone. Just glad it wasn't expensive. 

What is their thinking?  That maybe these reviewers are lying.  Why don't they just really reduce the price of the ring instead of plowing on presenting it again at a somewhat lower price?  Why?

Honored Contributor

Re: Lunctime Specials bad review

"There's a sucker born every minute"......P.T. Barnum

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

These lunchtime specials they usually have are DREADFUL--in every single category.  They could not pay ME to send them to ME!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@newname02 out of how many that were sold?   What are the odds of getting a ring that's defective?  Did they sell just a few hundred in which case the percentage is still under 1% or did they sell thousands in which case the percentage is under .00001.

Seriously -  2 negative reviews by itself tells me very little.

Trusted Contributor

I believe Diamonique is guaranteed no matter what happens, but I recently saw a product that had universally dreadful reviews, but there it was, with a few $$ taken off, but still a high price.  I can’t understand that.  Maybe Q is playing the odds.

Trusted Contributor

I think QVC is probably trying to get the most $$$ they can for this ring.

I don't write reviews unless the product was really great or unusually poor. Ok's don't rate a review so I'd guess that the overall opinion of this ring is a "meh".

Honored Contributor

@winamac1That's pretty much how I feel about 75% of the clothes hanging on sale racks right now.  Just last week, I walked through Nordstrom, Bloomies, Chico's, and Talbots.  Came home with every penny I started with.  I can't imagine who they think is ever going to buy most of that stuff.

I also walked into H&M although I've never done that before.  And now I know why and I know why they have over $3 Billions worth of unsold inventory!

Could these stores already have sold off all the good stuff even though I was seeing rack after rack after rack?  What a waste!

Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

Why does QVC offer the Diamonique Motif Ring at 19.00 when two of the reviews mentioned stones falling out.

Here's one review:

I have ordered Diamonique for years and never had anything so bad. Gave the ring to my 35yr old daughter. She went to work washed her hands two different times and by noon she showed her husband the ring I gave her and all the stones were gone. Just glad it wasn't expensive. 

What is their thinking?  That maybe these reviewers are lying.  Why don't they just really reduce the price of the ring instead of plowing on presenting it again at a somewhat lower price?  Why?

@newname0.  To answer your original question...thats how QVC gets rid of defective junk.  They frequently sell unsatisfactory merchandise during clearance events and recently have had several TSVs which were faulty (shoes).  If the TSV is not new merchandise and has missing reviews, beware.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lunchtime Specials have turned in to junk sale items.  Things they couldn't even give away.  What's with the constant repeat of the same items over, and over, and over?  Can't QVC get the hint, nobody wants that junk!  They also fill it with multiple SG over priced polyester.  Yuck!  

Respected Contributor

$ Caveat  Emptor