Frequent Contributor

Lunchtime Specials and Primetime Specials

Maybe it's just me but has anyone noticed that the LTS and Primetime Special offerings are repeated day after day after day? I used to pick up some very nice things at reasonable prices but it seems as though, for the last few months, these special limited-time slots have become a dumping ground for low-selling, lower-rated overstock.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lunchtime Specials and Primetime Specials

Yes, it's as though they're going to keep putting them out there until we buy them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I thought I noticed the Nighttime Special includes the Lunchtime Special lately.

Every morning in the search bar I search

Lunchtime Special Pricing    then I search

Primetime Special Pricing

lots of duplicates

Frequent Contributor

I'm seeing a lot of overlap, too. It's looking kind of like a dumping ground.

Honored Contributor

No surprise seeing some of the same stuff repeating on LTS,as is, last clicks, clearance.

A lot of the stuff they just can't even give away.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

And most of the items now have lousy reviews and aren't the bargain pricewise, that they once were.

I used to pick up some nice things at a really good price, but haven't for a long time.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

LTS and PTS used to have totally different items.

Now the LTS are repeated in the Primetime list.

And the Primetime specials have had the same thing for days and days!  It hasn't changed at all except for adding the new LTS items.

I am still seeing new items in the Lunchtime specials each day and still have picked up some good bargains.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Surprise !  LTS and PTS are dumping grounds, althought that is a bit harsh, don't you think?  If you like bargains, a few duplicates shouldn't bother you. I more or less bought my entire summer wardrobe on LTS.  Now perhaps it is time to go back to on air presentations.  No retailer takes brand new good selling items and offers them at these markdown percentages. Sometimes I like an item so much I wish I had bought more, so that repeat airing is welcome. 

Honored Contributor

I have to wonder how many pallets of the BareMinerals Primetime primer they have in the warehouse, they've been a primetime special for months now.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

They seem to have become increasingly pitiful. It also seems that the closer they get to the end of holiday shopping season the more limited and the worse the 'specials' have become. It's almost as though they're afraid someone might actually find something gift worthy there instead of going for something at a higher price. As far as I can see, they needn't worry...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...