Valued Contributor

Re: Love ya Rick, you have been pure entertainment....

If it’s true the host gets to choose how they celebrate it speaks volumes. There were several 25 year celebrations this year and most were a one night/one show humble event. Another was a three day extravaganza that was so me me me it was unbearable.

Nice celebration for Rick tonight. Congrats on 25 years!
Valued Contributor

Jane Treacy posted on FB that she was Rick's mentor.

She's at DisneyWorld. 

Lisa Robertson was at DW and ran into Jane and her daughters.  LR posted a picture on FB.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Rick also. He is a breath of fresh air no mundane selling from him. Congratulations Rick! ❤️🎊🎉🎈

Honored Contributor

He's one of my favorite hosts!  He's such fun!  Congrats, Rick!!!!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Just a bit of trivia for soap opera fans. Several years ago Rick, who is a former actor, said that he had auditioned for the role of Jack Abbott on the Young & The Restless. When he didn't get it he decided to leave Hollywood. The rest is history!!

Respected Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

Jane Treacy posted on FB that she was Rick's mentor.

She's at DisneyWorld. 

Lisa Robertson was at DW and ran into Jane and her daughters.  LR posted a picture on FB.

What a coincidence.  Out of all the people at Disney World they run into each other.

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

I used to love watching those "soap" ads that Joan & Rick did.  Those "old" days, the Q seemed so much more freer, relaxed.

Rick really is very funny.  

I was just thinking about those soap ads the other day. I loved them. Those two together where a hoot.

Honored Contributor

thats something that anyone manages to stay at one place for 25 years--congrats for that---however---and sorry folks--but he drives me nuts and never watch him. too hyper and fanatic most times------IMO of course!

Frequent Contributor

Jane Treacy always tells us (and never lets Rick forget) that she was his mentor.  To Rick's credit, he always treats Jane with respect and deference, which is what she craves.

Esteemed Contributor

I also enjoy Rick!!  There are times when he goes off the rails, but mostly he does get the information out!  Although he does repeat himself quite often, I do think he does prepare for his shows.