Respected Contributor

What a treat!  Will be enjoying tonight's show. 

New Contributor

Sorry, no love for the new set here. It no longer even resembles a kitchen. Window in background is so fake looking. Entire set loses coziness of the old set. Seems like they made it a multi-use set, throwing design out the window. Doesn't even look practical. Fortunately David has stayed the same. Set not a game breaker, but certainly could have been better. We all have our preferences. Makes the world go round. Everyone have a nice and safe day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kinglizard No love here either.  Looks silly - a big white thing sticking out is an oven I guess.  Kitchen looks plastic and cardboard..............nothing goes with anything.

"Show' stinks too - with same old products - GP 66 & Mom''s stove.

Yawn

Honored Contributor

I'm not crazy about it either.  Seems like a kitchen show should be in the kitchen.  LOL.

But the room is nice and welcoming.  It's more spacious than the old set, so David will have more room to remove colors as they sell out.

qvc new set.PNG

Respected Contributor

Re: Love the new ITKWD set

[ Edited ]

I think its even worse than the remodel in what, November? 

This isn't set up as as a kitchen. Its mish mash with a two story living room fireplace in it. Who is the designer? 

You might have noticed slowly they started taking away the bad elements of earlier remodel like those horrible yellow chairs. 

But now things are worse. That window is fakest of any window they have. The clutter is distracting. The lay out is weird. They have the round table between the counter and the island. It doesn't seem high enough for David to use properly fir his height. He has a bad back as it is

I liked the old kitchen before all this remodeling. The white one. It was modern, well frankly timeless, non distracting and you could demo product. Why have a dishwasher in sight when its fake?

I could go on...

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of the new set either....

Respected Contributor

I have to say the more I watched last night, the more I found the big fake window in background pretty distracting!   I guess since my own kitchen is so small I found the big space a nice thing.  

Honored Contributor

It looks to me like they're trying to use one set for multiple uses instead of having a separate kitchen set.  The "kitchen" part looks as if it was just wheeled into the existing living room set.

I find the whole concept distracting.  Too confusing.  

I would think the last thing QVC would want would be to distract the customer from viewing the products for sale.  But that seems to be their sales tactic now.  Less information about products, more distractions in the form of set scenery and host goofyness.

Valued Contributor

I agree with everyone who didn't care much for the new set. Big fake window is just that....fake!  Especially since it's winter and they have a scene that looks like a summer day with a lot of greenery.  Something else that turned me off is that when they were showing the L&L all they showed were the lids, stacked sideways instead of the whole top.  Not a big deal I guess but I would have liked to have seen more color like we usually do. AND they referred you to the website for addtional colors. Sometimes the colors in print look different that on TV. This seems to be happening a lot lately and I'm not a fan of that.  If I wanted to look at items on the website I'll go to the website rather than watch on TV.   Just my opinion.

Respected Contributor

At least when the new items come out in 112 contrived colors, there'll be plenty of room to display them!!!

And to tick them off as they "sell out"....( only to be shown on QVC2 and 3 for the following three weeks.....!!!)

David must be old enough to retire..but why not ride it out?

Think of it...a nice clean new area to work in, close to home, cool in summer, warm in winter...

David could sell ANYTHING that comes in a mulitude of colors....

His sales pitch is getting to sound rote and predictable....but that's not surprising since it's the same ole same ole merchandise...I see even Mark Charles made an appearance...

O well. I like to watch QVC during commericial breaks on other shows, and I will watch ANYTHING to avoid "news shows" ...

I just wonder what age they are aiming at. Us older watchers have it all already, don't need more "stuff" and the young ones? I picture them like that ad where the airhead yells to her husband "We don;t have to cook anymore!!" as she digs into what we called a TeeVee dinner from the microwave with an idiotic grin....

Times change. I love to cook, but I think a lot of younger people do not. I could be wrong cause I have no kids....but I can't see that woman in that ad ( or any of the ads that show prepackaged stuff you could buy for a fraction of the price in the grocery store) wanting cooking stuff.

Cabin socks? That I can understand!!! 

I like to watch David. He can even make that drain grease trap gimmick look like I need to order it RIGHT NOW!!!