Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love love love seeing Mary Beth Roe more

@Kachina624 wrote:

@RetRN.  Just because a person doesn't admire or especially care for a host's presentation style, doesn't mean they're a hater or envious.  I think MBR as a host leaves a lot to be desired.

@Kachina624 Exactly.  Why do people jump on the "you are jealous" band wagon just because you don't care for someone?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I have said this before.  I am sure she is a lovely person.  She does a good job of presenting the products.  But "here's the thing," as a host, she just bugs me for some reason.  And yes I change the channel.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

It's no secret, I am not a fan, have not been for years. IMO she's no more skilled at selling than the other long time hosts, in fact the young ones are better sales people and actors than MB, JT and Dan ever were. So QVC if you are listening it's time for more retirement parties.

She is an excellent host, so knowledgeable, genuine, and just plain nice. 

Certainly no need for her to retire at her age. She has a strong faith and strong family values. Keep on being yourself Mary Beth. Many of us love you, there will always be haters who are insecure and envious of others. 

Huh?  I don't care for her as a host.  She may be a lovely woman but her presentation style isn't my cup of tea.  That doesn't make me a hater and doesn't mean I'm insecure or jealous. That is ridiculous.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

It's no secret, I am not a fan, have not been for years. IMO she's no more skilled at selling than the other long time hosts, in fact the young ones are better sales people and actors than MB, JT and Dan ever were. So QVC if you are listening it's time for more retirement parties.

She is an excellent host, so knowledgeable, genuine, and just plain nice. 

Certainly no need for her to retire at her age. She has a strong faith and strong family values. Keep on being yourself Mary Beth. Many of us love you, there will always be haters who are insecure and envious of others. 

@RetRN  So when others do not agree with your way of thinking they are haters and envious, good to know.

That is strange, indeed. I like watching Mary Beth from time to time, but don't believe that she is a genius salesperson - she's just easy to watch. IMO, the very best salesperson that the Q has in terms of researching and presenting items is Carolyn. I don't care for cutesy or antics, so a number of the hosts are unwatchable for me.

Respected Contributor

Oh, okay. Since we now have an entire thread devoted to MBR, allow me to repeat what I posted on the OTHER one.

Mary Beth Roe is not only a class act, but she knows how to connect with viewers who are, ultimately, buying the products. She's aware that we're not all glued to the TV set, and those of us who've just tuned in are assured that she'll go over colors, styles, etc., and often.

Unlike, for example, one of the newer hosts who couldn't be bothered--in the middle of a Dooney presentation with 30 minutes to go--to go over the colors, instead telling the viewers to check them out online because there were "too many." Huh?

MBR not only often says "let's do colors again," but she'll grab the different shades of red, for example, placing them next to each other for viewer comparison. And, while some (not all) of the new hosts are looking at themselves in the monitor and flipping their hair, I've often heard MBR tell her producer(s) to "come in closer" when she sees in the monitor that stitching or fabric type isn't clearly reflected.

And, yes, it CAN be construed to be "hating"--and ageist--when her detractors here carp about her "30 years," age, and offer negative comments without providing examples of just why they'd like to see her leave--stating that she's "no more skilled" at selling than others, doesn't cut it. 😉

C'mon.

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU POSTED  I MEET HER AT QVC TOUR   SHES AS NICE IN PERSON AS SHE IS ON TV 

Super Contributor

Is Mary Beth...still semi-retired....?

Esteemed Contributor

I like her and her demeanor. I just turned to the Gourmet Holiday, she looked great with her hair short. She looks so much younger. I don't know if it is a wig but she needs to wear her hair short. 

Super Contributor

Another question...did Mary Beth cut her hair...if so... I really like it..she looks younger...I know sometimes they wear  wigs...that's why I am asking...

Respected Contributor

Here’s the thing, something about her that I don’t like. And JMO but I thought the short wig she had on today made her head look too big.