Super Contributor

Love in the Kitchen with David but...

Had to change the channel several times because I could not hear another word about Salmon... My goodness - cook it, serve it, eat it - let me count the ways... One segment was over 40 minutes... Got up took a shower came back to watch and they were stilll talking Salmon... I know they want to sell it the best then can but it was surely overkill... Wow...

Valued Contributor

Re: Love in the Kitchen with David but...

YES I THOUGHT SO TOO PLUS PRICEY

Respected Contributor

Very pricey!  I have bought frozen salmon and threw it out! I am sure this is better quality but way too expensive for the size of filet you get.

Respected Contributor

QVC probably had a commitment to sell a certain amount and apparently, it was going to try to push it out until it was gone or they at least made their goal. 

I don't care for salmon, so I wasn't even slightly interested, but 40 minutes is surely overkill in selling a piece of fish.

Although, I would rather hear them talk about food then another vacuum during his show. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

It certainly didn't seem like anything to dance about.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but the BEST salmon comes from the Pacific Northwest and I can buy a whole salmon, many types available year round, btw,  for way less than what the price for the TSV is today. Would NEVER buy salmon on TV ever!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have been on AD for this salmon ever since it came to QVC. 

It is the best available to me, of the highest quality and comparably priced to GOOD salmon.

I have no problem with extended and repetitive TSV airings.

That is the point of a shopping channel....not to entertain us.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the salmon is delicious, but for the price it ought to be.  It's $70 for just over two pounds (35 oz.), or $32 per pound.  I can get good salmon filets at the supermarket for $10 per pound.

Trusted Contributor

The majority of the TSV presentations are more like TV infomercials.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have enjoyed David's kitchen program for years.  But the never ending presentations of the TSV and the unbelievable overkill of calling out numbers and colors sold is driving me away from this show!  So tiresome and a quick channel changer for me!