Honored Contributor

Re: Love in the Kitchen with David but...

@wagirl wrote:

Sorry, but the BEST salmon comes from the Pacific Northwest and I can buy a whole salmon, many types available year round, btw,  for way less than what the price for the TSV is today. Would NEVER buy salmon on TV ever!!!!!!

@wagirl  Costco sells their own  a wild salmon frozen individual portions that is excellent.  I buy it all the time and eat salmon at least three times a week.

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 Drama for sure. I had to watch though. I had to watch the body language when he tasted the salmon. He doens't like seafood, but he has had salmon before. I won't eat any seafood, because I think it's gross. What is interesting is that he has set himself to now present food he really doesn't enjoy, like the TSV. That was the fake happy dance. I can tell, but their sales tactic seems to have worked. What they did was way more innovative than a new logo and host changes.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

David must have nightmares about removing colors as they sell out; it's manic.  I've wondered why they don't let a stagehand handle such an important task.

@ValuSkr- I've read so many different posts on the forums about how he makes a big production of removing colors as they sell out.  It must be pretty obvious since so many people post about it.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie and they should send someone to do the dishes!!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr It is a big production.  They go through over 20 colors of Temptations over and over.  Then when a color sells out David calls a "stage person" out so he can hand the person the pieces and they take them away.  It really is a difficult-looking feat when they are selling the Kitchen Aid stand mixers.   I think all this is a waste of time; plus he asks the stage person if their parents are watching, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

And he can get very snippy if that stagehand does not move fast enough.  That happened once last week.  David's  displeasure with the crew was very much on display.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a wonder David hasn't had anyone fired for not removing the sold out colors fast enough. I've posted before how when a color sells out David wants it removed immediately. It's like he can't go on until it is gone from the set. I'm surprised no stagehand has tripped trying to get out there quickly to get the item from David. I've even seen him carry the item off the set to give to the stagehand b/c they didn't reach him fast enough.

Respected Contributor

I can't do a three hour cooking show with overlong presentations and a constant obsession with colors and patterns selling out. Those of you that watch every week are made of stronger stuff than I am! Smiley LOL