Honored Contributor

Re: Love Kristine Zell!

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Kachina,

First I want to thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I like Jim Shore, he is so good with explanations and details. This bothers me about Kristine because I have thought her presentations to be very well done. I can't imagine her behaving this way. I wish there was a video on this item as I would love to see her and the behavior you described. I know Jim must have been extremely frustrated with his time with her on that show. I may have to change my opinion about her unless there was a really good reason she acted as she did. Was she in pain? Did she have a migraine where she couldn't think clearly? I just can't imagine her being rude, brief and forgetful. But I do thank you again very much for explaining this t me. Do you remember the item he was selling? Maybe I can find it and see the video. Have a great night. 

@keithsmom65 

It was me Spurt that replied about the show not Kachina.

There's no video because that show was done in early July and Jim has different products posted on QVC's website....It wasnt that she was rude more unattentitive and not paying attention and not moving like a real  conversation, going more by the script she had in her mind.....

And in all the shows I watched her host--- Kristine's performances have always been that way--very scripted and just dont flow naturally and/or she's made quite a few mistakes 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I must admit, I don't care for the hair braiding either. Your Star Trek reference is spot on!

@keithsmom65 

I think you are getting Kristine and Katrina mixed up....It seems many of the hosts they recently hired have a similar look....Like Mary Nelson and Katie McGee that people keep getting mixed up....

KRISTINE-

Kristine Z.JPG

Katrina

sq10_spot3_QVCHostPage_20190709.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Kristine seems to be a darling at QVC.  She is getting more prime time shows and taken off the overnight hours.  I just noticed that she is listed as the co-host with Alberti for his new home show on Monday nights on Q2.  

I just don't get it.  IMO she has been around long enough that she should be better than she is.  I watched her during a fashion segment and she got colors wrong during every presentation she made whether it was clothes or shoes.  The guests were constantly correcting her.  

I find her to be very unnatural. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think they had to move Kristine out of the overnight slots because it is still very, very crowded with hosts and will be more so with Julia Cearley.  And Courtney K and Mary N moved on well before her.

I think she has improved, but is still rough.  And almost no one talks about family as much as she does (perhaps second only to Jane.)

I think that pairing her with Alberti is an attempt to find something for her, although I never associated her with home.

Respected Contributor

As much as Jane talks about her family, I believe Kristine Zell has her beat. I get so tired of hearing about how she is a busy mom of 2 little ones.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

As much as Jane talks about her family, I believe Kristine Zell has her beat. I get so tired of hearing about how she is a busy mom of 2 little ones.

She has to mention that on every show.  I try not to watch her, but sometimes  I do waiting for the next hour.  She still makes too many errors considering how long she has been there.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with others that she's usually an instant channel changer for me. Out of all the new hosts (even spanning the past three years), she seems the most scripted and phony, and her constant errors make it appear that she just doesn't care about what she's doing. Of course, all the hosts have their idiosyncracies, but KZ just bugs me.

Frequent Contributor

@queen75  Nope...it was her. I know the other gal wears the braid look too...but it was Kristen. It ran smack dab down her center part. I like how the other host wears it. 

Frequent Contributor

@Spurt...nope. It was her. I actually like how the other gal braids her hair...but this was Kristen with a weird braid running dead center down her part. it wasnt a good look. Im not tech savvy to go hunt down the clip on youtube like some folks on here are... but i will try and find it!!

Regular Contributor

@grayhairdontcare wrote:

@queen75  Nope...it was her. I know the other gal wears the braid look too...but it was Kristen. It ran smack dab down her center part. I like how the other host wears it. 

@grayhairdontcare wrote:

@grayhairdontcare  I apologize you are correct as I did happen to see Kristine on a show the other day with that braid.