Valued Contributor

Re: Love Gourmet shows...but

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl - yes!! Smashing the meats is the worst!! Then the host or vendor rep will say, "look at all the juice". I'm thinking, that's not juice, that blood pouring out of that steak, or hamburger. 
Also- just when I thought it couldn't get any worse with Dan and Sharon hosting, QVC bring in Alberti and Rachel. Those 2 make it impossible to watch. You know that they have to know that we, as viewers, know that they are as fake as a 2 dollar bill. 

Honored Contributor

No, not a fan of those food shows--I'm sorry but paying almost $100 for 12 crab cakes---are you serious???? tried a few things and really, most of them were mediocre at best. And also wondering how shipping this stuff will be---I have had a bunch of shipping snafus lately due to the Post Office being dumped on by you-know-who----no I will go to my local vendors for most this stuff. 

Respected Contributor

How about $48 for 12 bacon wrapped scallops?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just curious, why are you okay with Alberti but not Rachael?  I don't understand the difference because they act just like each other.  Sometimes one is worse than the other but I find them both terrible to watch.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am shocked at the prices but people don't seem to mind paying it.  I think many of QVC's pricing is high but I'm no expert.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

Just curious, why are you okay with Alberti but not Rachael?  I don't understand the difference because they act just like each other.  Sometimes one is worse than the other but I find them both terrible to watch.

@LilMadi   Agree!!  Very unprofessional!

Respected Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I am shocked at the prices but people don't seem to mind paying it.  I think many of QVC's pricing is high but I'm no expert.

I am also shocked but have been reprimanded many times when I complain about the high prices or caution people that the prices are significantly lower at their local supermarket.  Their food items seem to appeal to a segment of society that does not know how to cook for themselves.  Shocking but we have raised a generation of people who do not know their way around the kitchen. Everthing is take out or prepared foods for this segment of the population.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

I am also shocked but have been reprimanded many times when I complain about the high prices or caution people that the prices are significantly lower at their local supermarket.  Their food items seem to appeal to a segment of society that does not know how to cook for themselves.  Shocking but we have raised a generation of people who do not know their way around the kitchen. Everthing is take out or prepared foods for this segment of the population.

As anyone should be for making sweeping generalizations that have absolutely no basis in fact, and then using the generalizations to attack entire generations of the population. 

IF you have factual information that can be verified to support your claim, by all means, post it. We’re waiting. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

@Reever   What a terrible generalization, one that you have made many times in the past.  In fact, your posts almost always go out of your way to put the younger generation down.  

People of all ages bring a wealth of knowledge and creativity to all segments of society.  Something tells me you do not get out into society and meet all kinds and ages of people to even subtlely substantiate your repeated claims.  Try to have an open mind at least.

I love to cook so I go online quite a bit for the enormous cooking community that offer unique, interesting, down home, and new ways to bring enjoyment to cooking.  90% of the hosts and cooking instructors seem to be between 25 to 40 years old. I have made some incredible meals from a lot of their suggestions and recipes.

Oh, in addition, I have a 30 year old son who is a sought after chef.  Before this horrible pandemic he was recruited to work in the largest hotel in DC, with four highly established restaurants.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I taught myself how to cook (without the internet) and my parents were gourmet cooks.  I learned nothing from them.  I am OFTEN shocked that people have careers showing others how to cook, right down to a salad or sandwich.  And they make big bucks doing it.  I wish I had known that was a career choice when I was younger, I may have considrered it.