Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love Gourmet shows...but

I do - or rather did - watch the Food Shows.  I often purchase many of the items, as they are not available around here.  But I will not watch R and A present a Food Show.  They just encourage each other to act silly and end up ruining the show!!  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no problem with Alberti but Rachel just ruins the food shows for me so I usually have to change the channel.  The one day I was waiting and waiting for this cake to be shown and of course Rachel has to talk about social distancing to sell food.  I guess we should social distance our forks and spoons from our mouths.  Gonna get kind of messy though.  LOL!   I guess that's the only vocabulary she knows these days.  Ugh.  

Valued Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

Please ask the hosts not to mush up the products.  Today they mashed up the cinnamon rolls, then they mashed up the cheesecakes.  Not very appetizing or appealing.

Thanks

rachael and alberti, why always insync. Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

I too have lost interest in the food shows....not so much the hosts but the PRICE.....90 bucks for a 3 tiered cake....60 bucks for basically tator tots ....shocking to me

Respected Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

@lucky-girl wrote:

Please ask the hosts not to mush up the products.  Today they mashed up the cinnamon rolls, then they mashed up the cheesecakes.  Not very appetizing or appealing.

Thanks

I also despise this duo.  They act like children on recess oohing and awwing over every item as if the havent eaten in days.  FAKE !

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Bella2022 wrote:

@lucky-girl wrote:

Thanks

I also despise this duo.  They act like children on recess oohing and awwing over every item as if the havent eaten in days.  FAKE !

It's all fake @Reever .  Shopping channel hosts are just there to sell, not convey their genuine feelings about what they're selling.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

That is true! It's not blood. My husband & I like our steaks rare. If it's gray inside it's overcooked. 

Trusted Contributor

I would prefer they use a fork to show the moistness. It is disgusting to me to see a closeup of their fingers wet and greasy as they squish food. To me it is incredibly gross.
Occasional Contributor

I bought Mrs. P's once......apples were rotten in the middle. They should ship them without sticks inserted. That causes the apple to go bad faster. 

Occasional Contributor

I married into a cattle ranching family. My mom cooked our beef to well done because that was my dad's preference. My mother-in-law didn't cook any beef past medium rare and didn't allow catsup or steak sauce on her table. She said good beef cooked correctly didn't require it. She was right. I prefer my beef cooked rare.....butcher it and pass it over a heat source. To this day drives my 93 year old mom wild to look at my plate when we are at a restaurant..😂