Valued Contributor

Please ask the hosts not to mush up the products.  Today they mashed up the cinnamon rolls, then they mashed up the cheesecakes.  Not very appetizing or appealing.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

Re: Love Gourmet shows...but

@lucky-girl   I totally agree with you.  I know that they are trying to show how soft or how creamy or how tender something is but I don't have to like it.  I feel bad for them sometimes. They are doing the best they can under the worst circumstances.

Esteemed Contributor

They're also fond of pushing down on the meats till the blood runs out. One of these days we're going to hear an agonized "moo" coming from a steak. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lucky-girl  Since they can't eat it and do a yum-yum face, they have to mush even more than before. I'm just not a fan of the gourmet food shows.

Honored Contributor

To me those things are a selling point.  I want to see the texture and moistness.  I would not have purchased many food items without  that.  Just seeing a plate of food tells nothing.  It may as well be plastic fake food!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

To me those things are a selling point.  I want to see the texture and moistness.  I would not have purchased many food items without  that.  Just seeing a plate of food tells nothing.  It may as well be plastic fake food!

@Pook 

I can see your point.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

They're also fond of pushing down on the meats till the blood runs out. One of these days we're going to hear an agonized "moo" coming from a steak. 

@shaggygirl - I'm not a huge fan of smooshing the steaks, either, but the red liquid you see is definitely not blood; the juices in the meat carry a protein and oxygenation that make them appear red. The more heat you apply, the less red the pigments become, and that is why a rare steak is so pink inside and a well-done steak is almost grey.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc UMMM    Could you please repeat that?

Respected Contributor

Anyone else wanting to order that strawberry mousse cake they had on?  Am thinking about it.

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl   😂. How true...!!!

I can't stand the sight of rare or raw meat.   The older I get... the less meat I eat.

I really can't watch when they push on the steaks.