Frequent Contributor

Re: Louis Dell Olio fashions not on the Q anymore????

These lines of fashion tend to me more classic in terms of dressing, I think that society has gone extremely casual especially in light of Corono.  I still have to dress in my position as a banker, it is getting tougher and tougher to find jackets and forget about suits.  Non existent for the most part. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:
Most likely the profit margin wasn't high enough for the Q. They make far more $$ on low end items like Denim & Co. (which to me is awful!) and Susan Graver, to name a few. Louis was classy and his clothes well made and elegant. I wouldn't give 2 cents for D & C.

@Effie54. I beg to differ.  Denim & Co. clothing is more casual and utilitarian but it is not "low end".  It is just as well made as Linea items and from a practical standpoint, meets the needs of more women.

there are a number of lines on qvc that are equally well made. no need to put down another line by calling it "low end" to build up the linea line. some of us enjoy wearing our linea mixed in with other lines of clothing from qvc, other sites, and department stores.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I don’t follow all the Q gossip but the Linea line seemed to be loved by the customers - apparently not enough of that particular customer. Most of his fashions had 4-5 stars. It’s hard to understand why the Q would let him go. Maybe he got tired of producing the line.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina and Big Joanie

Who do you consider the Majority?
Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 

You do realize that RHOBH is a scripted TV show - not to be confused with real life - don't you?

------

Are the 'Real Housewives' Shows Scripted? - The Real Housewives | News. Dirt. Gossip. (allabouttrh.c...

When Housewives came up, they explained, “Each housewife is assigned to their own story producer, whose only job is to develop her storyline. So they conspire to create plot points, image, etc… Each story producer’s housewife is their responsibility. If the housewife has a breakdown at 2 am and wants to quit the show, or is ****** about her edit, she calls her story producer. The story producer has to pretend to be their bestie and gain their trust, but they are also in charge of creating exciting TV, and will influence their housewife to walk into set ups.”

Adding that those casual lunches and dinners are meticulously planned out ahead of time.

--------------------

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

So...????  I haven't read his blog but look at Lisa Rhinna. Her behavior is DISGUSTING on the RHOBH and she's still selling her items!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only things I buy from QVC are Linea and Judith Ripka.  I think they are making a huge mistake discontinuing Louis's line.  Louis's clothing is so classy and tailored.

Respected Contributor

Clearly QVC is more interested in promoting their in house brands.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jinlei I gave up on cuddle duds for the most part. I have a couple of items that I bought a while ago from Q and the fabric and fit didn't make me happy but most items were not "expensive" and the S&H cost to receive and then return them would have been half the price of the item. So I kept them and wear them around the house when I clean.

I don't get the whole thing with Barefoot Dreams brand either - maybe it is what they sell on QVC but IMO they are expensive and most of the time ridiculously oversized. I usually size down at least one size from the size chart they show and yet I still have one item that is so long on me that I could use it as a bathrobe. Again, I wear it inside but IMO I have sweatshirts/fleece tops that are more flattering on me. So that's another brand that I look at but don't bother ordering.

Because I read that it sounds like Linea isn't going to be offered any longer on Q, I ordered several whisper knit turtlenecks (my go to and live in top during the winter) and several other items that I know I will wear a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom ha yeah, one reason I never buy from Lisa Rinna's line! Insulting to people buying her clothes is a non-starter for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Big Joanie unless you are Lisa Rinna but she's a "celebrity" since she's on the housewives show that I never watch so it's OK.