Esteemed Contributor

Re: Louis Dell Olio fashions not on the Q anymore????

LDO catered to older women & older style clothes, but he did have a following.  I don't think he sold enough & never saw a tsv.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I disagree. The Linea customer isn't older than any other customer. I think they just have more sophisticated taste. If that's your opinion than I don't think you know the clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:
Most likely the profit margin wasn't high enough for the Q. They make far more $$ on low end items like Denim & Co. (which to me is awful!) and Susan Graver, to name a few. Louis was classy and his clothes well made and elegant. I wouldn't give 2 cents for D & C.

@Effie54. I beg to differ.  Denim & Co. clothing is more casual and utilitarian but it is not "low end".  It is just as well made as Linea items and from a practical standpoint, meets the needs of more women.

I guess I beg to differ. Many years ago, before Gary was the designer for Denim & Co., the clothes were much more stylish, and didn't have all that rubbery stretch to them. Not everyone needs that much stretch in their clothes. It changes the texture. Also, the styles are matronly as compared to past designers for D & C. The prices have risen, and the quality (to me) is not there.

@Effie54 

I agree the quality and sizing for D&C is all over the place, there are some items that are decent, but others aren't....As an example, there was a waffle design t-shirt that got awful reviews the fabric was very thin and chintzy but the price...not so much.....I've had better quality with some Walmart t-shirts!!!  .......

@Spurt wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:
Most likely the profit margin wasn't high enough for the Q. They make far more $$ on low end items like Denim & Co. (which to me is awful!) and Susan Graver, to name a few. Louis was classy and his clothes well made and elegant. I wouldn't give 2 cents for D & C.

@Effie54. I beg to differ.  Denim & Co. clothing is more casual and utilitarian but it is not "low end".  It is just as well made as Linea items and from a practical standpoint, meets the needs of more women.

I guess I beg to differ. Many years ago, before Gary was the designer for Denim & Co., the clothes were much more stylish, and didn't have all that rubbery stretch to them. Not everyone needs that much stretch in their clothes. It changes the texture. Also, the styles are matronly as compared to past designers for D & C. The prices have risen, and the quality (to me) is not there.

@Effie54 

I agree the quality and sizing for D&C is all over the place, there are some items that are decent, but others aren't....As an example, there was a waffle design t-shirt that got awful reviews the fabric was very thin and chintzy but the price...not so much.....I've had better quality with some Walmart t-shirts!!!  .......

Absolutely agreed. Not to be mean, but in my opinion, they need to replace Gary with another designer. Most of it is just awful now.

Valued Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

QVC only keeps clothing lines that are junk.  Cuddle Duds is a dud and Barefoot Dreams is so expensive for material that looks like it was bought at a fabric store.  How these hosts are able to drum up any excitement for these goods is beyond me.  They should all get Academy Awards.  They end up sounding so fake.

Agree with you about this...also the line that just has fabric scraps sewed onto the ends of everything like from a rag bag.  Looks like a recycled home ec project.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@barrel racer wrote:

LDO catered to older women & older style clothes, but he did have a following.  I don't think he sold enough & never saw a tsv.

@barrel racer 

I think Linea's line is geared towards the professional career woman (all companies dont allow jeans and Cuddl Duds .....) and also those that prefer good classic clothing that never goes out of style and want excellent quality 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

Been reading all the comments about Linea and I too think that was a line they should not get rid of.  Their niche market seems to be narrowing.  I still like D&Co, but have had some duds there, too.  But some things I don't get like Logo. I have never seen anyone wear that stuff and Breezies bras are the worst I have ever purchased.  Each time I get rooked in and try it yet again, it is very disappointing.  Also, Dennis Basso coats and jackets are always too small in the shoulders and I don't have big shoulders!

Occasional Contributor

I totally disagree. His clothing was not for "OLDER" WOMEN.  lOOK AT jOAN rIVERS /  Martha Stewart  if you want dated clothing.  All Worthy, among others I would nevr consider wearing.l At least Linea had clsissic career waree  and leisure ware that wre not one seson purchases.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have been buying Louis Dell Olio clothes since he first became head designer with Donna Karan for Anne Klein Couture.  I love his designs.  I am at a loss who I will buy clothing from.

Respected Contributor

Been away for a while and am Very sorry to read of no more Louis. His clothes were exquisite, quality made and quality fabrics. He was a real designer. Going to miss him.   I agree the Q is pushing their own brands of clothing. Offering less of a variety to choose from.  I don't care for them though. Won't be purchasing them,  Don't care for D & C- too matronly and frumpy. Logo-the tops remind me of shapeless bags with a mishmash of fabrics just thrown together.  Susan Graver-her quality has gone down hill greatly while her prices have gone up, up, up, and her prints are..well lets just say not good. Thank you Louis. It was wonderful while it lasted.  I wish you well.

Esteemed Contributor

I took the opportunity to buy some of Louis's items before they disappeared from QVC. I've worn his whisperknit sweaters and other items for work and for casual. I'll  miss his line. Others simply don't compare.