Respected Contributor

Re: Louis Dell Olio fashions not on the Q anymore????

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:
Most likely the profit margin wasn't high enough for the Q. They make far more $$ on low end items like Denim & Co. (which to me is awful!) and Susan Graver, to name a few. Louis was classy and his clothes well made and elegant. I wouldn't give 2 cents for D & C.

@Effie54. I beg to differ.  Denim & Co. clothing is more casual and utilitarian but it is not "low end".  It is just as well made as Linea items and from a practical standpoint, meets the needs of more women.

I agree .. I have some D and Co. shirt .. and they are nice fabric .. hold

up well and launder very well ....

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:
Most likely the profit margin wasn't high enough for the Q. They make far more $$ on low end items like Denim & Co. (which to me is awful!) and Susan Graver, to name a few. Louis was classy and his clothes well made and elegant. I wouldn't give 2 cents for D & C.

I am of the opinion that it is not necessary to put down a product in order to promote another. Credibility for the latter is diminished.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

I have not gone and read the blogs mentioned herein, but I HATE if this fashion line is no longer on the Q.  Also, I have been wondering about Bob Mackie and also what do you guys think about the future of Quacker Factory?  All her shows seem to be FB Live from her home, no live shows.  I do not know what QVC is thinking with their fashion .. even same old same old D&C, low quality cuddl duds and the like, way too expensive and trendy Peace Love World esp for the quality and off sizing, impractical for most and again way too pricey Barefoot Dreams, and on and on.  Didn't QVC drop Louis Dell'Olio before there was a huge write-in campaign to keep him that worked and he came back thanking all his followers?

Super Contributor

There was some talk of him getting into some deep water about politics on his blog. I had no idea whether it was before or after he was let go from QVC.  I guess I'm not an expert.

Honored Contributor

@Gkhm wrote:

There was some talk of him getting into some deep water about politics on his blog. I had no idea whether it was before or after he was let go from QVC.  I guess I'm not an expert.

@Gkhm  You've been told by numerous posters it was just the other day(his blog). QVC told posters in December Louis would not be back.They told him months earlier. If you read posts in the Linea Forum for December you will see.

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

Haven't seen much Bob Mackie lately either. Was looking forward to some leather and leather trim items from him this winter. Am I just missing it?

@Still Stylish Lady  - Bob Mackie was on with Mary Beth a few days ago.  It was an hour show of clearance items, but Mary Beth said he was designing items for the new year.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54. I beg to differ.  Denim & Co. clothing is more casual and utilitarian but it is not "low end".  It is just as well made as Linea items and from a practical standpoint, meets the needs of more women.

I guess I beg to differ. Many years ago, before Gary was the designer for Denim & Co., the clothes were much more stylish, and didn't have all that rubbery stretch to them. Not everyone needs that much stretch in their clothes. It changes the texture. Also, the styles are matronly as compared to past designers for D & C. The prices have risen, and the quality (to me) is not there.

Respected Contributor

@Gkhm I totally agree.

He didn't mention anything political until after he was

severed from QVC.

Trusted Contributor

QVC only keeps clothing lines that are junk.  Cuddle Duds is a dud and Barefoot Dreams is so expensive for material that looks like it was bought at a fabric store.  How these hosts are able to drum up any excitement for these goods is beyond me.  They should all get Academy Awards.  They end up sounding so fake.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Gkhm wrote:

You made me look.  Without seeing the exact comment or responses, it appears that he may have said something about the character of the man in charge.  If I have to stereotype his customers, I would think they would be more conservative and was surprised by his differing views.  I got the impression that he would just move on from the conversation.

As someone else already brought up, Lisa Rinna is not only political (and has been for a while) but also actively insults anyone responding to her posts and even made headlines (which may be too strong a word) and complained that Q wanted her to tone down and (I think) she said she would not.

So, no, he was not fired for his politics.