Contributor

Louis Dell Olio fashions not on the Q anymore????

I visited Louis Dell Olio's blog last night and most postings are gone, but was sensing that QVC is not ordering any more of his fashions...is this true???  If so, I am sorely disappointed.  I loved most of his things - they were classy.  True - not everything on the Q is for everyone, but I loved his whisper knit sweaters.  Does anyone know anything about this??

Respected Contributor

Re: Louis Dell Olio fashions not on the Q anymore????

Yes, it seems he was let go( not his choice) It was a topic here a couple weeks ago. 

Contributor

I guess I don't check this forum often enough...so sad, though, as I loved his fashions.  Oh well..another good one bites the dust.

Honored Contributor

@Jepster 

If you go into the Louis Dell Olio forum (under "My Favorite Brand"), you will see numerous threads about this that you may be interested in reading, and contributing to.

Super Contributor

I think...according to his blog...he got political.

Honored Contributor

@Gkhm wrote:

I think...according to his blog...he got political.

@Gkhm  That was after he was let go by QVC.

Super Contributor

Haven't seen much Bob Mackie lately either. Was looking forward to some leather and leather trim items from him this winter. Am I just missing it?

Honored Contributor

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

Haven't seen much Bob Mackie lately either. Was looking forward to some leather and leather trim items from him this winter. Am I just missing it?

@Still Stylish Lady 

I think he was on a couple of times near the end of last month.  But lately he seems to only have a one hour show on one day when he is here, as opposed to a few shows in one day like he used to.

Respected Contributor

@Gkhm   It's a shame you are so uninformed.  QVC made this decision awhile ago, Louis delayed making his announcement until December 2020.  It had absolutely nothing to do with politics.

Esteemed Contributor

Most likely the profit margin wasn't high enough for the Q. They make far more $$ on low end items like Denim & Co. (which to me is awful!) and Susan Graver, to name a few. Louis was classy and his clothes well made and elegant. I wouldn't give 2 cents for D & C.