Valued Contributor

Lots of Graver on special - why?

On a day already full of bad news for QVC I can’t help but notice the long lists of SG items on lunchtime and prime time specials. Makes me wonder how this might fit into the downsizing of the business. Frankly until I receive my overdue item I’ll think twice before ordering more.
Honored Contributor

Re: Lots of Graver on special - why?

Too much stock. Time to move it out.

Honored Contributor

There is a ton of leftover Graver, Isaac, Logo, Denim & Co., etc because they over-buy.  Department stores do the same, thus the big seasonal sales.  It's not something about which the customer should worry.  They'll still make money on it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

IMO:

Overpriced and old styles maybe...the buyers want those "young $$$" I doubt SG clothing styles draw young buyers.

They want the "newer" trendy styles & brands as they see on social media. 

Esteemed Contributor

There was a two-hour Susan Graver show on during the "early prime time" part of the day, and often when a designer has that slot (or sometimes if they have the TSV), QVC will take advantage of the fact that fans of that designer are likely to be browsing the website for more deals from that line and post a bunch of clearance specials. This seems to happen more on Mondays and Tuesdays when more fashion items in general are on the air, but it's not unusual for it to happen on other days as well.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There is a ton of leftover Graver, Isaac, Logo, Denim & Co., etc because they over-buy.  Department stores do the same, thus the big seasonal sales.  It's not something about which the customer should worry.  They'll still make money on it.

@Kachina624 

Right you are!

I can only wonder how big Susan Graver's warehouse must be--probably as big as the Pentagon!

Respected Contributor

@birdQ13 wrote:
On a day already full of bad news for QVC I can’t help but notice the long lists of SG items on lunchtime and prime time specials. Makes me wonder how this might fit into the downsizing of the business. Frankly until I receive my overdue item I’ll think twice before ordering more.

What do you mean "bad news for QVC?"  What happened?

Respected Contributor

I wish Susan Graver clothing was in stores.  I would definitely buy a lot more.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate    You can buy it on Walmart.com sold by third party sellers at very nice prices.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sunshine Kate    You can buy it on Walmart.com sold by third party sellers at very nice prices.

@Kachina624 , thanks had no idea.