Occasional Contributor
I have been watching the fashion days- and have chosen a number of items- however throughout the last few days I keep hearing “looks like money..”. This phrase is really annoying me. Talk fashion, talk individuality and details of the product. What does “money” look like??? So narrow-minded to me.
Honored Contributor

Re: “Looks like money...”

[ Edited ]

@Parkerpug wrote:
I have been watching the fashion days- and have chosen a number of items- however throughout the last few days I keep hearing “looks like money..”. This phrase is really annoying me. Talk fashion, talk individuality and details of the product. What does “money” look like??? So narrow-minded to me.

They want you to buy their products because others will think you have money because THEY WANT YOU TO FEEL like you spent tons of money and are rich.  If they only knew.

Honored Contributor

@Parkerpug wrote:

@Parkerpug    And some of those women "with money" look pretty trashy to me(!)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

D79BDFF5-F51D-44A9-9BE2-FBAA905D904F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954    WOW......I'd kinda like that for a t-shirt.   Wonder if that would be against the law?????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Nice, but I prefer the "color" of a $100 dollar bill.  Woman Very Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I thought that phrase was retired when LR left.  I haven't heard it myself over the past few days but I would not have used it to describe any of the clothes that I saw.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Esteemed Contributor

@jbinrwc wrote:

I thought that phrase was retired when LR left.  I haven't heard it myself over the past few days but I would not have used it to describe any of the clothes that I saw.

@jbinrwc 

I think in LR's world things looked Madison Avenue or Rodeo Drive. Now her dipped in something jewelry looks Ponte Vechio.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the phrase either.  It makes me think the person is superficial, that appearances are all that matters.

Frequent Contributor

And when they all talk about how we're getting such an enormous big deal: "put a one or a two in front of that price." Come on, you're making a lot of money on the price you're asking....