Frequent Contributor

Re: Looks like an ALL LOGO Lunchtime Specials day...

Completely agree....With the exception of her way over priced shoes and jewelry, her clothes look like something a preteen girl would wear.

Trusted Contributor

Just wondering, does Lori only design for QVC?  Is that why sometimes Lunchtime Values are all her things?

Honored Contributor

Perhaps this is a sign that LOGO items are priced too high!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I had been looking at the white (cloud cream) LOGO Lavish cardigan since t was first presented ... but didn't want to pay $100 for it.  

I had been watching the price ... and finally today decided to get it.  I'll save it for next summer.

I saw a couple of other pieces ... but didn't have my size in the color I wanted.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CLHS68 wrote:

QVC should know by now this line is awful & does not sell.......... I would not wear it if you gave it to me for free.

@CLHS68 

It doesn't make sense to claim that the line "does not sell" when QVC keeps stocking the clothing and hads Lori on so frequently.  Do you think a company would do that if her clothes don't sell?  You may think it does not sell but QVC continuing to carry it for ten years and increasing Lori's air time from what it used to be tells me you are way off base.

Valued Contributor

I noticed the same thing - what a way to get rid of items no one is buying,  Next thing you know lunchtimes specials will all be like this - doesn't work for me - saves me money.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  Makes perfect sense to me. Read the Quartly Statements; lines like LOGO reflect what is not selling well. Unfortunately (for QVC) those lines are owned by QVC.

Wasn't a wise management move 10 years ago and continues to haunt them as unwanted, unsold, and overpriced merchandise sits in expensive warehouse space. 

Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard spot. They can mark it down, down, down. But no longer write it off to Charities. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Pearlee  Makes perfect sense to me. Read the Quartly Statements; lines like LOGO reflect what is not selling well. Unfortunately (for QVC) those lines are owned by QVC.

Wasn't a wise management move 10 years ago and continues to haunt them as unwanted, unsold, and overpriced merchandise sits in expensive warehouse space. 

Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard spot. 

@BirkiLady   I stand by my response.  QVC has increased Lori's on-air time a lot.  And when her programs are pre-empted by Xmas stuff now, they put her on in addition to her usual shows when that's over.  I can't see QVC doing that kind of thing if her clothes don't sell.  Q would also lower, not raise as they've been doing, the prices on her clothing if it wasn't selling.   Yeah, today the LTS were all LOGO.  So what?   QVC is making room for new inventory obviously.  Sorry, I'm unconvinced by your post.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  We'll agree to disagree.

QVC owns the line! What do you expect them to do with LG and her items? She's an on-going expense for QVC if she's on air or not. Just like the other lines they now own.

Retailers (or any business) who remains in the black wouldn't dream of doing business like that!

Money screams; wealth whispers.