Respected Contributor

Re: Look who's on the cover of Woman's World

@World Traveler wrote:

@roxxy1 wrote:

I enjoy David.  I wish people wouldn't bash him.

I agree. I really enjoy him and there is no reason to bash him. A favorite of mine. Enjoy his shows.

@roxxy1 

I agree. Unfortunately host bashing is commonplace here.

Esteemed Contributor

Peeking in here and seeing David's cheerful face made me smile.😁 It is refreshing to see interests the hosts are pursuing outside of The Q. I just love me some David!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

I hope no one thinks I was bashing David. I just thought the juxtaposition of the photo with the headlines was funny, could have been anyone pictured 🙂. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  There is no "host bashing" whatsoever.

Just some commentary about the magazine layout itself.  I read nothing negative about the host.

Respected Contributor

The headlines on the cover are one claim away from the National Enquirer. Yikes. And the juxtaposition of a calorie laden meal and the dire headlines on health are ironic. A hot mess. 

Respected Contributor

I just wish David would come out with a book of healthy recipes.  All his recipes are loaded with fat, salt, etc.  Kind of like Paula Deen.  His latest cookbook will be quick cooking using lots of prepacked food, canned soups, etc.  I know some people like this kind of food but it would be wonderful if he had some kind of balance, i.e., his regular recipes that a lot of people like and a section with healthy recipes for those of us who like eating a healthy diet.

Regular Contributor

This is not a comment on David, but Woman's World has become like the Enquired, based on all the cover stories on both of the covers in this thread.

Does anyone still subscribe??

Honored Contributor

Nice photo, and several interesting articles.

I'll pick up a copy this week!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Roxxyy ............Some posters come here specifically to bash hosts, vendors, products andQVC.  They get some type of satisfaction out of it.  Poor self image is my guess.  But they justify it with " free speech & its my opinion and I am entitled."

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I might look for a copy today.  It would be fun on the "coffee table".  Problem is, where do I find it?  My local grocer no longer has a news stand area.  I'll be in a place with a different store today, so I'll look.

Thanks for the notice!  (The combination of stories is pretty funny, though.  Something for everyone, I guess.)

Cogito ergo sum