Respected Contributor

I find it so interesting that not too long ago, the Clarisonic was the holy grail.  They shoved that at us for how long???  Now the Foreo is the bestest, newest, everyone-here-uses-it-device.  My opinion, based on the presentations from yesterday, I'd never use that near my eyes or lashes.  I could feel my eyelashes being pulled out as I watched the demos.  

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant I think how they get away with it is they say "appears" younger.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lol SHAWN, REALLY????

[ Edited ]

I also remember the Clarisonic device. It seemed like they had it as a TSV at least once a month. The next miracle cleaner was the hand towel that you would just wet and it would remove the heaviest make up. Now the new Soreo gadget is the latest wonder facial cleaner.

Contributor

Clarisonic has been discontinued, the company is no longer manufacturing it, and it's now hard to find replacement brushes. While I have seen some tools that "look" like the Clarisonic, I'm not sure if the technology is the same. I'm switching to the Foreo when my Clarisonic brush supply is depleted, as it seems a worthy replacement. 

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@ellaphant    Really?!!!  Apparantly you are not aware that the way you apply your makep can make a huge difference in how smooth your skin looks, thus a younger look!!  I have many brushes and sponges that prevent makeup from settling in wrinkles and that makes a huge difference in overall look!

Please. Shawn is saying a CLEANING  devise will make you look younger. Dream on.

You said it was a brush with no mention of cleansong device.   But I have and use the foreo and it definitely does make a difference since most do not cleanse and exfolliate properly and a buildup of dead skin can cause makeup to not be applied smoothly so it definitely can give a younger look!

Honored Contributor

For those saying years ago the clarisonic was touted as the best cleansing device - well life does not stay stagnant and  new and better ways to do things are developed!  Our lives today are not the same as they were even just a few years ago due to more efficient and better devices and ways to get better results!  

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

For those saying years ago the clarisonic was touted as the best cleansing device - well life does not stay stagnant and  new and better ways to do things are developed!  Our lives today are not the same as they were even just a few years ago due to more efficient and better devices and ways to get better results!  

I found something similar at WM cost less than 10 dollars ....came with extra brush head...( Plum Beauty Facial Cleansing )  Seems to do the job....

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

QVC and the hosts really stretch the truth about beauty products but I had to laugh when Shawn actually said the tsv brush " will make your skin look younger." A brush!

Oh C'mon! 

Yes, I've already changed  the channel.

@ellaphant The host will say anything to get the sale. There is no brush or makeup that will make your skin look younger. I can't believe some of the stuff that comes out of their mouth. 

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

I find NOTHING wrong in what she said at all!

I use my Clarisonic everyday....a GOOD cleaning & exfolitating routine makes a HUGE difference in your skin.

Any Derm/makeup artist will tell you that....

Applying makeup on dead old skin does make you look cakey and older.

While I don't know anything about this item, I DO know that using my Clarisonic keeps my skin in much better condition and I DO look younger.

Always just looking to nitpick on anything done or said.

I'm sure your clarasonic really makes you look younget. Not!

I clean my face very well, thanks, without a gadget.

Good gravy!

Well, considering you have NEVER seen me, @ellaphant ..you couldn't possible make that comment, could you???????

I think having GOOD, CLEAN SKIN DOES MAKE YOU LOOK BETTER, brighter AND Younger!

My clarisonic DOES THAT for me!

I NEVER said you had to have one!  But IMHO, good skin equals younger looks.

How ever you wanna get there is up to you....for ME it is using a gadget.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@ellaphant    Really?!!!  Apparantly you are not aware that the way you apply your makep can make a huge difference in how smooth your skin looks, thus a younger look!!  I have many brushes and sponges that prevent makeup from settling in wrinkles and that makes a huge difference in overall look!

Please. Shawn is saying a CLEANING  devise will make you look younger. Dream on.

@ellaphant 

And @Pook and I are saying, YES, we agree it can!

NO dreaming going on.

Don't understand if your thing is slamming the host for her sales pitch or slamming the device cuz you don't want one.

Either way, it isn't necessary to get sarcastic with @Pook  and I just because we don't agree with your assessment.  Good discussions don't need to get snotty.