Honored Contributor

Re: LocknLocks new policy because of dishonest people

@mosky ............Its that way in all matters of life.  The old saying.....One bad apple spoils the whole bunch is right on.

Dont be insulted.  Its the dishonest of the world today.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Pecky wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I have a lot of L & L and feel it's reasonably priced.

I would never call L & L if a lid broke and take 2 photos and then have to pay a ridiculous amount in postage to have it mailed to me.  Our mail service is inept and slow.  

I prefer Tupperware anyway.

@Sunshine Kate  ITA!  I have L&L and it doesn't hold a candle to Tupperware.  I have Tupperware from 30 years ago and it still looks new and the tops fit.

@Pecky 

If you are still using Tupperware that is 30 year old, it probably contains toxic PFOA, PTFE, and BPA.

And all plastic food containers made before 2012.

In recent years it was determined that BPA (Bisphenol A) residue in plastic food and beverage containers is a potential health hazard. Since 2012, BPA has been banned

Potential for Harm

The controversy regarding the hazard of plastic food containers stems from the discovery that leftover BPA (the starting material for manufacturing plastic) can leach into the contents of those containers. The stress of typical use (microwaves, steam in the dishwasher and even ultra violet rays from the sun) can breakdown the plastic and allow BPA to enter the body. In humans, BPA mimics estrogen and alters normal cell activity leading to a wide range of physical maladies, many of which can be quite serious.

One group of researchers concluded many of the "recent trends in human diseases" could be adverse effects of low doses of BPA in the body. Some examples mentioned were increases in:

• Breast Cancer
  • Prostate Cancer
  • ADHD
  • Type 2 Diabetes
  • Early Onset Puberty
  • Low Sperm Count
Honored Contributor

I only have two sets of L&L, one plastic and the other glass.  So far, no problems wiht any of it.  I would still purchase some of their glass products if I saw something I liked becasue I prefer bore silica glass over what all the other companies now use.  Even if the lid doesn't work properly, I can still use the glass container.  One of my plastic pieces is in the freezer and I have taken it out several times to remove items and still no problems.  Another I keep tortilla chips in so it is opened and closed on a regular basis.

Whenever I purchase something online I always save a copy of the receipt to my computer.  It might take me awhile to find, but all receipts go into one folder and some into sub-folders.  A lot of places also send you a receipt via E-mail.  

Respected Contributor

@mosky: Why are you insulted? It's the dishonest people who've spoiled things for everyone else. 

Frequent Contributor

I have been cleaning out kitchen cabinets and drawers today.  I have had a few tops break on my L & L's and have just tossed them out.  Can't be bothered getting replacements.  One thing I have noticed on some of my containers is that there are some white marks that do not come off.  i have decided to toss those too.  I did purchase a new set recently that I will be using along with another set that I have.  I do think that for the price they are worth purchasing.  I really like the cereal containers.  I used to sell Tupperware about 20 years ago.  I still have some of those pieces, however, I have switced to L & L for the most part.  I do have a Tupperware canister set that I still use that has held up beautifully.  Nothing last forever that get used is most feeling.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think over the years the quality has dropped.  So part of the blame... perhaps on them.  I have many pieces however that are old and they still hold up.  Not needing new.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mosky   That L 'n L would tell you all of that is an indication as to what poor customer service they have.  Did you feel that she was blaming you?  That's not good PR.  Why do people keep buying that stuff?

Just curious, have you had issues with this line? Lids breaking? I have bought many lock n lock items over probably 10 years and everything has been steller. I especially love the cereal container and the flip lid pantry containers. Had the quality diminished lately? Can't speak to customer service because I've never had to have something replaced.

Same for me.  I have a ton of it, much for many years, and I've never had an issue.  Even the newer items, which I have read complaints about here, have not been problematic for me.  I love L&L, and wouldn't hesitate to buy more.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Something similar (I think) happened to me but it was Diamonique.

I called QVC because one of their fake diamonds had clouded up ( I think it was that); anyway there was a problem with the stone itself.

QVC gave me the number of that company that every company now uses to “protect” everything.

I called them, and they wanted the receipt where I plaid for it, they wanted the item number and so on and so on.

Over the years I’ve bought so much Diamonique I have no idea what I paid, the item number, etc.

I just thought they’d put a new Diamonique in it.  Once I heard where I was calling I realized it wasn’t that simple but I went. Through the motion because I was curious.

So to anyone who thinks their “lifetime” warranty is true, you’d better save every receipt, etc over all the years; because otherwise it’s all a joke...

I don't think it's unreasonable for a company to require info and some kind of documentation.  Why would you not save this information, especially for something with a lifetime warranty?  This is not the company's fault at all.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I understand you feel frustrated. At the same time, these are inexpensive plastic boxes, and sometimes they break.

Meanwhile, the company is marketing at scale, which means they only keep a thin margin for handling complaints. Apparently, for them, the risk of irritating a few buyers no longer outweighs the cost of individual free replacements. It's too bad, I know, and we might wish they could make a different choice, but it doesn't seem unusual or out of line.

I agree that an excuse about dishonest people wasn't very savvy customer service, because it clearly made you feel worse instead of better (even if it's true). 

The bottom line is that when buying things like L&L, a small amount of breakage is part of the deal. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in the same boat as you, so this upset me too.  I actually bought their products BECAUSE there was a lifetime replacement.  And over all these years I had about 4 lids break but I only requested one lid replacemed.  I was going to request another one next week and then I read your post.

I DO understand where they are coming from and don't blame them one bit.  One bad apple always ruins it for the good ones.  Bummer.

"I never changed, I just learned."