Esteemed Contributor

Re: LocknLocks new policy because of dishonest people

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@SunValley   I have bought a ton of Lock&Lock over the years and had one lid break and one corner crack when I dropped it out of the freezer.

I never even contacted them for a replacement, I figured it just wore out and didn't expect it to hold up forever.....

@CAcableGirl2  ... same with me 😃

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I bought a set two years ago and I'll never buy this brand again. They don't snap shut well. I got suckered in by the pretty colors. 

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2Thank you. Yes, I agree the freezer can make the tabs more fragile. I’m really careful when I take out the item. I figure after I’ve had the piece for a number of years it has certainly given me my money’s worth.

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of L & L and feel it's reasonably priced.

I would never call L & L if a lid broke and take 2 photos and then have to pay a ridiculous amount in postage to have it mailed to me.  Our mail service is inept and slow.  

I prefer Tupperware anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I have a lot of L & L and feel it's reasonably priced.

I would never call L & L if a lid broke and take 2 photos and then have to pay a ridiculous amount in postage to have it mailed to me.  Our mail service is inept and slow.  

I prefer Tupperware anyway.

@Sunshine Kate  ITA!  I have L&L and it doesn't hold a candle to Tupperware.  I have Tupperware from 30 years ago and it still looks new and the tops fit.

Respected Contributor

Could someone give me the customer service number for Lock n Lock? I have tried several times to call them but I've had no success getting through to a person. I have several lids with broken tabs but I don't have my QVC receipt anymore. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the FYI.  I bought 2 sets of the glass  Loc & Lock cookware some months ago , one set for  a relative and one for me . Well, my set two of the lids would not lock on  no matter how I tried or my Husband . I just thought , I was out  because it was past the 30 days by the time I knew  the lids had a  lid issue.   Now I know I can call the company, but I'll have to locate the packing slip . I don't plan to buy from this company if many other  customers are  finding defective lids .

Super Contributor

@camelot wrote:

Insulted? Come on, that's how life is. Costco won't accept credit cards anymore if you are not a member due to fraud. Companies that used to give their customers early entry into sales, no more unless you spend lots of $$$. On & on.  It happens. It's life.

Sounds like a life you are looking foward to then,  right????

Valued Contributor

Customer service:  how many people just don't bother to complain but stop buying it?  Just like any other service.  

I'm not going through all of that to get 2-3 lids that broke.  Am I annoyed?  Yes I am.  I can go to Walmart or Meijer and buy something similar (maybe not as "pretty") but functional and their lids haven't snapped.

Shame on me for getting sucked in to a great sales presentation.  Plus I have given them as gifts and I hope they haven't had their lids snap off - I don't even dare ask.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You have to wonder how much of this problem is really due to dishonest people??? The problem with their lids is quite well known and, to my knowledge, has yet to be rectified. I bought 3 several years ago and I never came back for more due to the lid tabs breaking. It puzzles me why they are still so popular???  I'm trying the new Tupperware.  I never once had a problem with them and I hear the new plastic is much safer.