Honored Contributor

Re: LocknLocks new policy because of dishonest people

I gave up on Lock & Lock.  I had the snap closures break offf. I feel that it is cheaply made and I have better luck with OXO and love their glass, square containers.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Something similar (I think) happened to me but it was Diamonique.

I called QVC because one of their fake diamonds had clouded up ( I think it was that); anyway there was a problem with the stone itself.

QVC gave me the number of that company that every company now uses to “protect” everything.

I called them, and they wanted the receipt where I plaid for it, they wanted the item number and so on and so on.

Over the years I’ve bought so much Diamonique I have no idea what I paid, the item number, etc.

I just thought they’d put a new Diamonique in it.  Once I heard where I was calling I realized it wasn’t that simple but I went. Through the motion because I was curious.

So to anyone who thinks their “lifetime” warranty is true, you’d better save every receipt, etc over all the years; because otherwise it’s all a joke...

Regular Contributor

I've got one small set of bowls from LocknLock and I will never buy another.  Will stick with Rubbermaid.  The tabs broke off twice--first time it was no problem, I requested another lid and it was sent right away.  The second time I had to go through the website and they never responded after two attempts.  I think the site was Korean or something.  Will not purchase again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Why are you insulted?  A company has a right to guard against others trying to take advantage of them.  

Totally agree! What's the big deal? Very simple to take a photo and send to the company. Helps keep their prices down too, I suppose. The company has no way of knowing whether the request is bogus or legit. 

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

I agree. A stone fell out of my Diamonique lever backs that were less than a year old. They wanted a copy of the invoice. Luckily I was able to find it in my order history. 
But now since QVC has deleted most orders in my history, there's no way I would be able to get older Diamonique pieces repaired these days. 

Respected Contributor

I have never bought anything with a warranty that did not require proof of purchase and a description or visual proof of the problem in order to use the warranty. 

Honored Contributor

I am tossing all of my Lock and Lock , I am using two sets from HSN which far exceed Loc andLoxk 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

There have been several times when the latch on the lock and lock has broken off.

Most of the time it was when it had been in the freezer and fell out on the floor.

I just throw it in the trash.  The cost of mailing things these days far surpasses the cost of the lock and lock item.

Thats why when I send back stuff to Qvc, I put it all in a big box with their return label on it.

That’s how they send it to me.  A big box with sunglasses, jewelry, shirts, pants, etc, all in one big box.

Respected Contributor

@SunValley   I have bought a ton of Lock&Lock over the years and had one lid break and one corner crack when I dropped it out of the freezer.

I never even contacted them for a replacement, I figured it just wore out and didn't expect it to hold up forever.....

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

Insulted? Come on, that's how life is. Costco won't accept credit cards anymore if you are not a member due to fraud. Companies that used to give their customers early entry into sales, no more unless you spend lots of $$$. On & on.  It happens. It's life.