Valued Contributor

LocknLocks new policy because of dishonest people

I have purchased,over the last few years,so much LocknLock,that it would be hard to guess how much I have spent.I have a cabinet full,plus gifts of LocknLock I have given to friends and relatives.Over time,according to their policy,I have called them for,maybe 3 times for broken lids.They have always been helpful and sent me the lid! Today when I called,I was informed of the new policy.I was told that people dishonest about having the product and getting thing free.So...someone like me,who has spent many many many dollars has to go thru a procedure to get one small  top.Now...here is wahat you must do,Take TWO pictures of the top, a copy of the invoice from QVC and I think she said we,the customer, will pay for shipping.All this because some are dihonest and the rest of must pay for it! I am insulted!!

Honored Contributor

Re: LocknLocks new policy because of dishonest people

Why are you insulted?  A company has a right to guard against others trying to take advantage of them.  

Honored Contributor

@mosky That's ridiculous! I'd switch to Rubbermaid or ZipLock. I like the variety of their containers, even if the colors aren't so hot! At least I've never had one break or be defective.

Esteemed Contributor

Well how did it work before?  Did you not have to prove that you bought it in the first place?  I would think if you prove it broke, prove you bought it, that they should ship a replacement for free.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I am insulted by the dishonesty of others ruining things for the rest of us who are honest. 

Honored Contributor

@mosky   That L 'n L would tell you all of that is an indication as to what poor customer service they have.  Did you feel that she was blaming you?  That's not good PR.  Why do people keep buying that stuff?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mosky   Sorry, but I don't see the big problem.  You will get a replacement lid.  They are just asking for proof of both purchase and the reason you need it.  I could do without sending them photos of the broken lids though.  But that's easy enough.  Paying for shipping -- why not? 

They could have changed policy to charge you for the actual lid.  

I just hope you get the lid.  I contacted them in April to replace the one broken lid I had, after owning LnL for years.  They were very nice and took all my information.  Told me I would get the lid in about three weeks -- no lid ever arrived.  Perhaps they changed their policy and didn't think to let outstanding requests go through or even get updated with the new requirements. 

Valued Contributor

I'm sorry that some dishonest people are ruining it for you and for the company. I love Lock 'n Lock and have never had a problem with it. I don't put the lids in the dishwasher so maybe that's why I never had a damaged lid.

Valued Contributor

I like LnL too but I had lids break off & I don't put in dishwasher.I remember one broke not long after I bought.Just my observation.
Take care.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mosky   That L 'n L would tell you all of that is an indication as to what poor customer service they have.  Did you feel that she was blaming you?  That's not good PR.  Why do people keep buying that stuff?

Just curious, have you had issues with this line? Lids breaking? I have bought many lock n lock items over probably 10 years and everything has been steller. I especially love the cereal container and the flip lid pantry containers. Had the quality diminished lately? Can't speak to customer service because I've never had to have something replaced.