Honored Contributor

Livestream with Kathy Levine and Jane Treacy

That was such a delightful and fun walk down memory lane with Kathy and Jane.  Laughed so much and loved hearing all the stories - especially the memories of working with Joan Rivers.

Respected Contributor

Re: Livestream with Kathy Levine and Jane Treacy

I only caught some of it Live and I couldn't get my comment to post either (on an iPad)...but it was fun.

It made me think of my mom all those years ago like it was yesterday. My dad had just passed in 2000. My mom had "discovered" QVC...as many older, or lonely people did...to keep it on in the house, "for company"...while engaging in her favorite "sport", shopping! And engage she sure did!

I recalled being at her house and her watching the night Kathy retired...mom was saying, "oh, she's going to be missed, she is the BEST." And I asked what made her the best? She just kept saying "oh she's just great at what she does" (selling ice to eskimos, lol)..

Anyhow, I didn't watch QVC yet then, or when Kathy was on.

It WAS so funny to hear how this, now huge, organization was run then. The hosts actually "packing popcorn" in the shipping boxes, as Jane was saying?! That's funny to imagine. And her funny stories of being fired, then coming back, then quiting, then coming back...haha.

Made me also think of a company I worked for 17 years, starting in the 90's-mid 2000s...and how it was so "on paper", with physical files, fax machines then, and then onto computers and how it changed...many times over in the span of those years.

Anyhoo...brought up lots of memories that felt like just yesterday...time flies.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb   @JudyL  I watched this live and had watched a couple of the ones offered before this one so I could get the hang of how Q's livestream works.

(You have to establish a "chat" name that you keep and then certify it and agree to terms each time you enter a QVC livestream, so pick your name carefully--I just used the one I use here for the forums.)

Yes, it was fun and fascinating.  I had a friend from work who was single and lived at home with her lovely parents. They all loved the kitchen items and jewelry. 

My girlfriend had almost all the Nolan Miller flower pins.  She actually would book vacation time to watch his daytime shows.

They always had at least one TV with QVC on in the '90s and were very faithful customers.  As a single mom I didn't have much discretionary income in those days so I didn't become a customer until around 2006 or so.

Was very appreciative of prices and easy pay on big ticket items such as Kitchen Aid bowl lift mixer and the Vitamix.  (Of course I "tested" first with some smaller purchases to be certain I would be as satisfied as my friend and her parents were and I was.)

I agree it was fascinating to hear Janee talk about turning around after presenting to go off to the warehouse to pack boxes to ship out the jewelry quickly.  Times certainly have changed. 

At my job I remember stuffing envelopes by hand alongside managers to do a mass mailing until the powers that be invested in either a machine or some other division in the organization who offered that service.

I've been very impressed so far this weekend and have been shopping and watching.

Lovely memories about your mom.  And time surely does pass so rapidly.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

I always liked Kathy Levine when she was a host, she never changes. Looks and acts the same.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

I only caught some of it Live and I couldn't get my comment to post either (on an iPad)...but it was fun.

It made me think of my mom all those years ago like it was yesterday. My dad had just passed in 2000. My mom had "discovered" QVC...as many older, or lonely people did...to keep it on in the house, "for company"...while engaging in her favorite "sport", shopping! And engage she sure did!

I recalled being at her house and her watching the night Kathy retired...mom was saying, "oh, she's going to be missed, she is the BEST." And I asked what made her the best? She just kept saying "oh she's just great at what she does" (selling ice to eskimos, lol)..

Anyhow, I didn't watch QVC yet then, or when Kathy was on.

It WAS so funny to hear how this, now huge, organization was run then. The hosts actually "packing popcorn" in the shipping boxes, as Jane was saying?! That's funny to imagine. And her funny stories of being fired, then coming back, then quiting, then coming back...haha.

Made me also think of a company I worked for 17 years, starting in the 90's-mid 2000s...and how it was so "on paper", with physical files, fax machines then, and then onto computers and how it changed...many times over in the span of those years.

Anyhoo...brought up lots of memories that felt like just yesterday...time flies.

Thank you for confirming Jane left twice and then returned.  I mentioned it on another thread a while back and many thought I was nuts (which may or may not be true regardless of the Jane stuff.)

Trusted Contributor

does anyone happen to remember the nam of the show...I would like to watch..I have roku...they have QVC on it...with repeats of the shows...I am hoping they will have the show.  would love to see it.

thanks

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check under Livestream past shows. It was called something like Most loved QVC moments with Kathy & Jane on 9 pm EST'ish yesterday.

Valued Contributor

Jane was much calmer than usual so that was good. Kathy looks great! I wish she would come back as a host! She was always my favorite!

Contributor

I saw Mary D introduce the show at the end of her show so I checked it out for a few minutes.  I would have enjoyed it if they had included Mary Beth & Pat too.

Esteemed Contributor

@nwbabs wrote:

Check under Livestream past shows. It was called something like Most loved QVC moments with Kathy & Jane on 9 pm EST'ish yesterday.

@nwbabs  I was looking forward to this show and sadly fell asleep before air time and woke up too late. I checked on the QVC/HSN Roku App (where there must be 100 options of live streams, repeats of live streams, regular App or + only programming, repeats of on-air shows, live airing of on-air shows, and now even movies, and I could not find it.  I'll look again because maybe in my drugged state (post-op), I just overlooked it.