Esteemed Contributor

Live Chat -- Does it ever work?

i have tried numerous times to use live chat to ask a question and it says "your chat will begin momentarily."  Well I wait and wait and nothing happens.  Have you had any luck using this service?  I end up calling customer service.  Why offer this option if it is not viable?

Honored Contributor

Re: Live Chat -- Does it ever work?

@Biftu wrote:

Have you had any luck using this service? 

YUP!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

It worked just fine for me.

Honored Contributor

I have used it a couple times with no problem, sorry you are having trouble with it.
"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

I have used the live chat a half a dozen times over the last couple of years and worked perfectly. But, I wanted to chat last week and sat "on hold" for over 15 minutes.  My question was about an estimated delivery (or ship)  of an order placed from well before Christmas that had no status update since the order was placed. I was so irritated I cancelled the order and saved some money!

Honored Contributor

For some unknown reason..... it often works for me.  I've been able to settle some issues this way.  I like it better because I can go bonkers, throw a fit and the other person never knows!  Ha!

My problem though is that I cannot follow directions, so if they are only a few directions then I'm OK, otherwise, a fit from me will follow!

Esteemed Contributor

Glad to hear this actually works for many of you.  Guess I am being too impatient, maybe if I held on longer it would work.

Honored Contributor

I've always managed to link with a representative, but I don't think using it has ever resulted in resolution of the reason for my chat. I end up calling CS anyway. Now, I just go directly to the phones...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I used to love "live chat" in the past but have had 50/50 luck with it recently. The wait for an operator is similar to the phone line depending on the demand/season. I don't have a problem with that issue. The information that I received was incorrect. The chat operator was pleasant but clearly needed further training.  

I have been with QVC for more than a few years and have returned a few items. Return procedures have changed as well as the ability to track an item. I was just trying to clarify the procedures and the ability to track the return item. Clearly not all postal workers understand the procedures. Fnially the regular mail carrier took my return. I received my confirmation this am. This was too much time for something that should be a quick and easy process.  Bottom line: my return is processing and I have a tracking #. Will I use live chat again? Maybe.  Training of personnel is an issue in many businesses.