Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I've pretty much give up on trying to watch QVC for a variety of reasons, host behaviors and terrible host broadcast voices being among them. Elective shopping should be time reasonably pleasantly spent. Who wants to watch and find it an overall annoying experience...

You keep posting this repeatedly....maybe it's time for you to move on, or maybe you just enjoy complaining about Q Woman Wink Woman LOL

What, and miss all the snark and rapid mood shifts coming out of the windy city...

Woman Surprised Woman Very Happy

Great response @stevieb.  Lol...so true.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

What I hate way worse is that singing thing that women do now!  A high-pitched "AAHHHHH" and it is obnoxious; plus the fact that most can't sing!

Maybe they should try La la la la la.   LOL Sorry I could not resist.  LR started that singing.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

What I hate way worse is that singing thing that women do now!  A high-pitched "AAHHHHH" and it is obnoxious; plus the fact that most can't sing!

Maybe they should try La la la la la.   LOL Sorry I could not resist.  LR started that singing.  

@BalletBabe  Woman LOL  It figures!

Occasional Contributor

Yes I know who you are talking about.Her speaking drives me insane!

Valued Contributor

Nothing bothers me more than hearing,

"Buy as many as you want"

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

Not only the voices get to me but so does the super fast talking.  Some of the hosts are so frenetic they make me a nervous wreck and the channel immediately changes.  I can't tell you the last time I watched the Q for more than 10 minutes.

I remember back in the day when Kathy Levine would say, "well, I know I'll be getting an email from management tomorrow."  And it was always over something very innocuous.  I guess management has changed drastically and they don't find anything wrong with some of the antics that go on today.

Levine, Judy Crowell, Lisa Mason, et al. were so professional and made their jobs look easy.  They were prepared, knew their products, shared colors, sizing and amazingly enough had rulers when showing jewelry!  I especially loved Kathy as she would say things like, "ladies, if you carry extra weight in your hips or bottom, this skirt will definitely not work for you."  And Lisa Mason would say, "even if nothing is in your budget, please just stay and keep me company."

Yep, the Q may want to look at videos from the good old days and review how things stack up then versus now. 

Lisa Mason was the best.  I am sure TPTB did not appreciate Lisa telling the viewers to mind their budgets.  Lisa was looking out for the customers over the bottom line of QVC.  That is what an honorable sales person would do.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead