Respected Contributor

I can listen to darn near anything but little girl voices.  I cannot wait to change the channel or mute it.  I wouldn't think they would want their shoppers to do that.  It is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.

I don't understand how a grown woman talks like that.  And why a shopping network thinks it's okay with viewers astounds me.  They ARE public speakers, and their voice matters.

QVC and HSN have them and I react the same way.  I can imagine I will get chastised for this opinion.  Okay.  I don't choose my feelings, they just are what they are.

I do shop on QVC.  They do lose my viewership during these times.  I don't watch that much, but I will watch even less.  Of course with the more than half year of Christmas, I have already started that!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

I can think of 3 hosts who have voices that I can not listen to, so I do change the channel.  Most of my shopping is done when I watch.  So if I am not watching, I am not buying.  So in reality, it is better for my budget if I don't watch, and QVC will not miss me, I am sure.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003

Your comments reminded me of the Haribo commercials.  Here is the latest one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRbc2Axh17M

837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

There are quite a few on QVC, they whine terribly and giggle, quite a few on HSN too. I don't watch much anymore.

Respected Contributor

I seldom watch QVC now but there is a long time host who everyone loves.  I cannot watch her because she cackles when interacting with the models.

Respected Contributor

We hear many young women using the baby voice.  What's up with that.  It is the single most irritating thing on earth.  

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@hyacinth003

Your comments reminded me of the Haribo commercials.  Here is the latest one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRbc2Axh17M

837514213.gif

@Mz iMac

So funny and true!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I remember years ago at a job I had, one of the nurses said she had to feed her 3 little girls before her husband came home for dinner because they talked and giggled incessantly. I didn't have girls so I had no idea how nerve racking that could be after a long hard day at work. It's hard to believe that the Q actually hires and promotes hosts who don't sound like adults on air. I tune into  the Q to be entertained, not aggravated.

Valued Contributor

We have a local morning newscaster who sounds like Show and Tell in Kindergarten.  She has a high pitched, baby voice and she is loud.  She's an instant channel changer for me.  I cannot abide that early in the morning and cannot imagine why they hired her unless she is related to someone at the station.  Go figure!!        docsgsirl

Super Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I can listen to darn near anything but little girl voices.  I cannot wait to change the channel or mute it.  I wouldn't think they would want their shoppers to do that.  It is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard.

I don't understand how a grown woman talks like that.  And why a shopping network thinks it's okay with viewers astounds me.  They ARE public speakers, and their voice matters.

Hyacinth

Agreed!  That and talking too fast and using inflection at the end of a statement which makes it a question.  And don’t get me started on “like”!