Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson made many vendors on QVC rich

@hellodali wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

@GraceLady wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

If this is true then why is she selling a few dozens of her items instead of tens of thousands? ...and Vendors who she made rich should be lining up at her couch studio.

A good sales person might move a lot of product initially, but consistent high sales are the result of people liking a good product. LR was never the Denin & Co diva and yet millions and millions have sold. Good products sell themselves.

You do need to keep in mind that Lisa was better suited to representing higher end fashion, jewelry, and beauty.  She is still great friends with these many, many of these vendors today.  Caroline represents D&C beautifully because that is more her style.  D&C is also more middle of the road fashion with a median price point that will naturally have the greatest sales.   

After watching Lisa the past few months on her Facebook, I don't think she's suited for high end products anymore.  She's cheapened her brand and constantly wiping her nose, scratching her face and eyes, touching her hair, etc.  Not very polished at all.  I would never in a million years have guessed that Lisa would be caught wearing some of the items she's worn lately or carried some of the purses she's sold in recent months.  Nice that she's able to let her true personality show through on her Facebook, though, but I can't imagine her going back to the on-air persona we saw at Q--not unless she has a full staff to help her pull it all together like she did at Q.  

@wildcat fan  So out of curiousity I went over to LR's FB page.  What is with the stand-up comedy at the beginning?  Why do I want to hear her talk to her camera person?  What is with the Hi Joan! Hi Sally! Hi Mary???  It reminds me too much of Romper Room.  I couldn't take it.  I know I won't be buying any of her stuff, so I turned it off. 

She seems to have lost her sales technique.  I did look at her site and a lot of that stuff can be found in Home Goods or At Home.  I really feel bad for her pushing her stuff like she does.  Selling from her sofa or patio is just weird.   Is this what she is going to do until she retires? 

It sounds like you don't have a good understanding of how Facebook live works. During live chats, the viewers can chat and ask questions and the broadcaster can see the questions and respond. Even my local, and yes, professional, newscasters do it when they're on Facebook live and waiting for something to start. It's part of the interactive Facebook live experience. When you enter a live broadcast, it even prompts you to "Say something so that (Broadcaster's name" knows you're here."

It's not Romper Room, where the host used pretend magic to talk to people, it's current technology.

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

@GraceLady wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

If this is true then why is she selling a few dozens of her items instead of tens of thousands? ...and Vendors who she made rich should be lining up at her couch studio.

A good sales person might move a lot of product initially, but consistent high sales are the result of people liking a good product. LR was never the Denin & Co diva and yet millions and millions have sold. Good products sell themselves.

You do need to keep in mind that Lisa was better suited to representing higher end fashion, jewelry, and beauty.  She is still great friends with these many, many of these vendors today.  Caroline represents D&C beautifully because that is more her style.  D&C is also more middle of the road fashion with a median price point that will naturally have the greatest sales.   

After watching Lisa the past few months on her Facebook, I don't think she's suited for high end products anymore.  She's cheapened her brand and constantly wiping her nose, scratching her face and eyes, touching her hair, etc.  Not very polished at all.  I would never in a million years have guessed that Lisa would be caught wearing some of the items she's worn lately or carried some of the purses she's sold in recent months.  Nice that she's able to let her true personality show through on her Facebook, though, but I can't imagine her going back to the on-air persona we saw at Q--not unless she has a full staff to help her pull it all together like she did at Q.  

@wildcat fan  So out of curiousity I went over to LR's FB page.  What is with the stand-up comedy at the beginning?  Why do I want to hear her talk to her camera person?  What is with the Hi Joan! Hi Sally! Hi Mary???  It reminds me too much of Romper Room.  I couldn't take it.  I know I won't be buying any of her stuff, so I turned it off. 

She seems to have lost her sales technique.  I did look at her site and a lot of that stuff can be found in Home Goods or At Home.  I really feel bad for her pushing her stuff like she does.  Selling from her sofa or patio is just weird.   Is this what she is going to do until she retires? 

It sounds like you don't have a good understanding of how Facebook live works. During live chats, the viewers can chat and ask questions and the broadcaster can see the questions and respond. Even my local, and yes, professional, newscasters do it when they're on Facebook live and waiting for something to start. It's part of the interactive Facebook live experience. When you enter a live broadcast, it even prompts you to "Say something so that (Broadcaster's name" knows you're here."

It's not Romper Room, where the host used pretend magic to talk to people, it's current technology.

@Alison Wonderland  I'm sorry to disagree with you.  Current technology does not require someone in the 50's trying to look cute by wearing fake hair and waving to people and saying in a goofy voice "Hi Whomever, Hi Whomever! over and over.  Get on with the sales pitch.  She is too old to look "cutesy". 

I truly understand what is happening, but LR's spiel was always trying to be the old beauty pageant queen.  She even used to imitate the wave and thought she looked good doing it.  She thinks she is special and I am happy for her someone does.

Respected Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

@GraceLady wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@Alison Wonderland  I'm sorry to disagree with you.  Current technology does not require someone in the 50's trying to look cute by wearing fake hair and waving to people and saying in a goofy voice "Hi Whomever, Hi Whomever! over and over.  Get on with the sales pitch.  She is too old to look "cutesy". 

I truly understand what is happening, but LR's spiel was always trying to be the old beauty pageant queen.  She even used to imitate the wave and thought she looked good doing it.  She thinks she is special and I am happy for her someone does.

Sounds like it's personal with you. Okay.

Sounds like Johnny isn't the only person in this thread who needs to just get over Lisa. It seems a lot of viewers can't let their negative feelings go.

Contributor

Are we absolutely sure that it isn't Lisa?  Some comments are too obvious.

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Lisa had huge influence on these vendors doing well. She would also mass promote her favs on the LR show and LR Christmas. I just remember when she was on and things were flying out the door. Her famous phrase was last call as another sell out happened right after another. Joan Rivers adored LR and Lisa said the best memories of Lisa was not is she beautiful but so amazing at her job. Lisa would do lunch with Joan in NY many times. Part of Lisas job was building a relationship with these vendors. Lisa loves her new job. She doesnt miss QVC. She creates her own company for freedom. Lisa could work anywhere she wants..evert vendor she worked with give her a huge offer to join their company in 2 seconds flat. Nobody can match her resume in this industry. In her resume she worked for a 7 billion dollar company maximizing revenues and profits that were unparalled

Wouldn't you be thrilled if you were remembered by your famous phrase "LAST CALL"?   Smiley Wink

🍺

@Drythe wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Lisa had huge influence on these vendors doing well. She would also mass promote her favs on the LR show and LR Christmas. I just remember when she was on and things were flying out the door. Her famous phrase was last call as another sell out happened right after another. Joan Rivers adored LR and Lisa said the best memories of Lisa was not is she beautiful but so amazing at her job. Lisa would do lunch with Joan in NY many times. Part of Lisas job was building a relationship with these vendors. Lisa loves her new job. She doesnt miss QVC. She creates her own company for freedom. Lisa could work anywhere she wants..evert vendor she worked with give her a huge offer to join their company in 2 seconds flat. Nobody can match her resume in this industry. In her resume she worked for a 7 billion dollar company maximizing revenues and profits that were unparalled

Wouldn't you be thrilled if you were remembered by your famous phrase "LAST CALL"?   Smiley Wink

🍺

And not only that, but lots of hosts have always said that on every shopping channel.  It's an odd thing to focus on, IMO.

Trusted Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I vow to not respond and then, boom, there I am, typing away. Lol

I’ll sit on my hands, let others take their turn, and just enjoy reading until the inevitable mod lock.

I know right!  I love these threads!  I really enjoyed the Shopping Channel Forums or Previously TV and there was a segment on Lisa Robertson that's no longer there.  Does anyone know where it went?  Maybe this isn't the place to ask but those ladies were usually spot on with their comments and was fun to read.  I never had the nerve to post though.

Esteemed Contributor

@jacquelyn wrote:

Are we absolutely sure that it isn't Lisa?  Some comments are too obvious.

I don't think it's Lisa.  I doubt very much she would want herself represented this way.  It's too much, too over-the-top, too predictable, too often.  My son works in social media, and being believable is one of the most basic aspects of it.  To be effective, it needs to be more subtle and far less controversial.  The idea is to generate positive comments and good feelings, which is not at all what happens when this particular poster starts threads.

If it is Lisa (or if it's being done with her blessing), then she has no idea what she's doing.  I don't like her or dislike her, but I do think she's intelligent enough to realize that this particular way of staying in the public eye is not working well for her, and hasn't for some time. 

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...