Valued Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson & David Markstein

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Lisa portrayed a certain character or persona on QVC that wasn't necessarily what she was IRL.   I personally think her QVC life portrayed a much more glamorous Lisa than she is based on personal photos she posted on FB and her Instagram.  And some of this was well before she left QVC.

In the past she posted photos of vacationing in various places with her friend Kym.  Lisa certainly was and still appears to be outdoorsy, wearing casual pants/jeans, t-shirts, baseball hat, hiking boots, etc.  There were photos of her off set, waiting to go on QVC in flat shoes when everyone thought she was in heels 24/7 and there were various photos of her walking around NYC in white gym shoes and jeans. 

While I don't think Lisa would wear a cat or dog pendant in her everyday life, is that all she should be selling?  I would think in order to make a business successful, you would carry items that you think your customer base would like, which sometimes may be different than what you yourself would like.  I would think a cat and dog pendant would be a big hit to buyers?  Same with home decor.  I doubt some of the stuff she sells she would ever really use in her house but she thinks other would buy it.

If her Tribe actually thinks everything Lisa sells are things she'd personally wear or use.......I don't know what to say.   But I do think some think Lisa leads a far more glamorous life than she does.    

@Lipstickdiva, you have very valid points and I would agree with you however Lisa leads her tribe on by actually saying to them she loves, loves, loves whatever items she's selling at the moment and saying it's one of her favorites. They see her only through rose colored glasses and gulp whatever she feeds them. Lisa scours the world looking for the perfect "treasures" and everything she would "love" to own for herself. Manipulating and deceptive all rolled into one. 

Valued Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
I just watched her short video chat w/ David alongside her and the 2 of them explaining the triple flower silver necklace. Actually it was majority her. The whole thing seems weird. Lol. What has happened to David? He was a 20+ year professional jewelry buyer and now he's like standing in Lisa's shadow staring at the necklace form in her living room..?

@KKlim, I agree. David and Lisa tag teaming selling the jewelry is so weird to me. He totally does not fit into all the silly antics that she has going on with the rest of them. On Q David would drive me insane when he would stretch his mouth out so wide and over exaggerate a point he was trying to get across describing just how fabulous a piece was. I notice he does the same thing now with Lisa's jewelry. I just don't trust anything that guy says no matter how much experience he has. They talk it up just to sell it. Lisa's jewelry does not get excellent ratings from people who have owned pieces for awhile and David's input is certainly not going to sway me either. But Lisa knows most of those people see him as having so much expertise so she is using that to her advantage. 

Esteemed Contributor

Have you ever watched when she's driving with her co-horts in the car and she's got her phone up on the dashboard doing their live chit chatting and laughing and having a hi ho time on the way to wherever they're going? Omg, when she isn't turning her head to look at Katie in the front seat next to her or the other co-horts, Nancy and the other one she calls Chief of Stuff who are sitting in the back she's glancing at herself on her phone screen. It's scary watching the sillyness going on while she's driving. She's lucky she hasn't been in an accident during this ridiculousness.

Trusted Contributor

Some of you who claim to dislike her so much spend a lot of time watching her videos.

Honored Contributor

@DeeDee14 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@DeeDee14 wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Oueen of everythinh nice wrote:

This is all gossip ladies. Don"t you have something better to talk about?

Sorry, Bibbee, but once a while this kind of post really gets me. Not all of what is in this thread is "gossip".  This thread is like thousands and thousands of others-past and present: posters sharing their opinions, thoughts and experiences. I don't understand the point of scolding others for utilizing the boards in an acceptable manner.

Sheilaray, Thank you.  I didn't mean to start all of this chaos with a simple question. I just was wondering if David M. Left the Q. I realize a lot of people don't like Lisa, but I enjoyed watching her and her style.  When people that don't like her see a post with her name they should just pass on by.  No need for the insults and mean remarks. We have a lot worse problems to worry about.  I appreciate your input.

So - yet another poster who feels that those who have a different POV than their own should just”pass on by” and not post their thoughts.

Got it.

I did NOT say that.  If you don't like Lisa, why would you want to read anything about her.  That's my point.  I really didn't think your WOW comment was necessary.  It's a common word people use every day. I will stick to handbags and shoes forum. Those people aren"t bullies.  I read recently on here that new posters are criticized by veteran posters.  Seems to be true.  I'm out of here!

I don’t think many posts, all over the forum from day to day, are “necessary”, but I don’t say so - there’s no point.

Everyone isn’t going to agree about everything, and that’s what discussion forums are for.

You can be “out of here”...or not; I remain unaffected by your choice.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

An aging has been beauty queen with no real direction. I do not understand  the fascination some people have with Lisa. It has been several years now and she is still nowhere. 

Honored Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

My opinion but I don't think Lisa has the funds to pay David M. a 40 hr/wk salary. Lisa & David both sound like they desperately miss Q and trying to recreate what they once had. I never cared for David M. on Q and he certainly looks like a fish out of water with Lisa now too. 

Some see Lisa's business as growing. I see it as she's struggling to keep things going. David is there to help push things along. She figures everyone knows him as an expert, so it will boost her sales.

I definitely don’t believe Lisa has the funds to pay multiple (and continually adding on) full-time 40 hr/wk salaries at the going rate for whatever the job is, simply based on how economically she operates the rest of her business. I would wonder if she pays full-time hourly rate salaries with overtime to Katie, Nancy & Co. I think she gives them perks in lieu of going rate/top dollar. There’s nothing wrong with that, if all are happy with it - but it would save Lisa $$. 

I don’t know about actually missing QVC for either one of them, but missing the earnings, the recognition and the “notice” in “the industry” - good gravy, yes.

Honored Contributor

@DeeDee14 wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@Oueen of everythinh nice wrote:

This is all gossip ladies. Don"t you have something better to talk about?

Sorry, Bibbee, but once a while this kind of post really gets me. Not all of what is in this thread is "gossip".  This thread is like thousands and thousands of others-past and present: posters sharing their opinions, thoughts and experiences. I don't understand the point of scolding others for utilizing the boards in an acceptable manner.

Sheilaray, Thank you.  I didn't mean to start all of this chaos with a simple question. I just was wondering if David M. Left the Q. I realize a lot of people don't like Lisa, but I enjoyed watching her and her style.  When people that don't like her see a post with her name they should just pass on by.  No need for the insults and mean remarks. We have a lot worse problems to worry about.  I appreciate your input.

NAT  You would think from some of the vehemence and anger from the posters here, that Lisa had pulled off their arms and beaten their mothers to death with them.  She certainly evokes undue anger from many.  

Honored Contributor

The really funny thing is that all of the actual anger is coming solely from Lisa’s fans. No one else is angry at all, but simply giving their opinion. Nothing any host or ex-host of QVC’s does or says would ever make me angry, lol. Annoyed, yes - angry? LM*O.

Respected Contributor

Hey @iTalia... I never get a chance to say that your posts are both always funny and on-point..😀 You know Lisa and her antics and tactics so well..! Poor David in that living room shot just nodding yes at whatever she said. I guess we'll be seeing the Lisa and David duo frequently selling in the same spot.