Trusted Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson & David Markstein

@Moonchilde wrote:

@qwarkster wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

An aging has been beauty queen with no real direction. I do not understand  the fascination some people have with Lisa. It has been several years now and she is still nowhere. 

Do you always harbor such ill will toward complete strangers?  Really unsettling.

"ill will"? LR is a woman in her 50's who was once a beauty queen who now seems to be scattered all over the place trying to find something to do. What's unsettling is not recognizing the truth when you read it.

And I'll say it again.  Why do people who despise this person so much know so much about her?  You know that she is "all over the place trying to find something to do," and others know she is off to Italy and who she is taking with her, etc.  How do you know this stuff, and why do you care?  It is absolutely hilaroius!  It's like the unpopular girls from high school who never got over not being accepted are locked in a room with a punching bag with Lisa's face on it, and everyone is screaming like banshees at the top of their lungs and pushing each other out of the way to take a swing at the bag. I'm sure you've all heard the phrase that the opposite of love is not hate but indifference.  Hate is an unhealthy obsession.  And some of you call the OP crazy and obsessed?  He/She is posting about someone he/she admires. It's the rest of you who hate her and are incapable of ignoring the threads with her name on them.  I think it's clear who is obsessed.  

Indifference ought to be practiced by you, as you suggested.  Why do you care what the critics have to say or whether they are obsessed?  As for the OP, who continuously writes admiration to ridiculous extremes and then disappears, is that not obsessive.  It's ok to follow the movements of someone if they return admiration, but it's obsessive and bad thing if you have a negative point of view of that person you follow.  TenderMercies, you are demonstrating a double standard.

Nah. Just the flailing and sputtering typical of the Herd, who absolutely come unglued, usually being extremely personally rude to other posters in the process, because they simply can’t bear to endure a less than positive and adoring POV of their Heroine.

That's some sentence.

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

An aging has been beauty queen with no real direction. I do not understand  the fascination some people have with Lisa. It has been several years now and she is still nowhere. 

Do you always harbor such ill will toward complete strangers?  Really unsettling.

"ill will"? LR is a woman in her 50's who was once a beauty queen who now seems to be scattered all over the place trying to find something to do. What's unsettling is not recognizing the truth when you read it.

And I'll say it again.  Why do people who despise this person so much know so much about her?  You know that she is "all over the place trying to find something to do," and others know she is off to Italy and who she is taking with her, etc.  How do you know this stuff, and why do you care?  It is absolutely hilaroius!  It's like the unpopular girls from high school who never got over not being accepted are locked in a room with a punching bag with Lisa's face on it, and everyone is screaming like banshees at the top of their lungs and pushing each other out of the way to take a swing at the bag. I'm sure you've all heard the phrase that the opposite of love is not hate but indifference.  Hate is an unhealthy obsession.  And some of you call the OP crazy and obsessed?  He/She is posting about someone he/she admires. It's the rest of you who hate her and are incapable of ignoring the threads with her name on them.  I think it's clear who is obsessed.  

@TenderMercies, I think you've become far too invested in defending LR to the extent you've found "hate" in all negative comments. Your posts, to me, sound absolutely hateful to those who don't care for LR.

You might need a rest from the boards.

Just pointing out the obvious.  If you think it's cool to be constantly obsessing over someone you hate, then you go with your bad self.  I'm entitled to point out how that kind of behavior is peculiar and unhealthy. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

Generally speaking, and this just popped into my mind:  I don't think it's a good idea to 'obscess' over someone that we dislike.   Better to 'obscess' (think nice thoughts and wonder about) over folks we do like, love.   Jmo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awwww....our little gummy bear and her crew are off to the airport and thence to Italy. How cozy! Katie does look like a sweet, pretty girl.

98F9F7B8-3953-43B2-B619-B05206A8B93A.jpeg

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for further commenting...