Contributor

I bought a butterfly ring from Lisa Mason on JTV.  It was so gawdy I couldn't wait to put it back into the pkg. and ship it back.

Regular Contributor

I caught the presentation too....a bit of a rehash of out of date styles. I chuckled a bit when she allude to her days @  the Q. She didn't say anything critical, just surprised. 

As far as people thinking its weird folks follow the doings of the hosts but a lot of people are lonely, live by themselves and maybe don't get out much. This might be their only connection to other people. Makes me a bit sad that someone is so isolated but it happens.

Respected Contributor

There is Albany (can't remember her last name) on Evine now.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@maggi the cat wrote:

I'm glad she is doing ok as well. However, I think her jewelry line is pretty ordinary, and JTV is a pretty low place to sell, since most of their stuff is kind of tacky.  Their selling methods of reducing the price over and over during a sell shows what kind of a site it is.  

I'm sometimes mystified at the following that ex-QVC sales people develop.

I know what you mean about JTV, but I wouldn't call all of it "tacky."  They do have some nice things.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

LancerHawkFriar wrote in part:

'As far as people thinking its weird folks follow the doings of the hosts but a lot of people are lonely, live by themselves and maybe don't get out much. This might be their only connection to other people. Makes me a bit sad that someone is so isolated but it happens.'

@LancerHawkFriar - You are so right about this ⬆.  Sadly, there are too many people in our society who are socially and/or physically isolated for countless reasons (no family/friends living, health conditions, personal choice, etc).  I try not to pass judgement on folks in such a situation as one day I might find myself in a similar position.  If following hosts is their only social outlet, then I'm glad that they have found some sort of connection that works for them.  

Honored Contributor

@LancerHawkFriar wrote:

@I caught the presentation too....a bit of a rehash of out of date styles. I chuckled a bit when she allude to her days @  the Q. She didn't say anything critical, just surprised. 

As far as people thinking its weird folks follow the doings of the hosts but a lot of people are lonely, live by themselves and maybe don't get out much. This might be their only connection to other people. Makes me a bit sad that someone is so isolated but it happens.

@LancerHawkFriar  @DeniseColo

While yes I agree that some customers go overboard with their adoration over hosts and consider them "family" even though they are just sales people, but I think Lisa Mason's story is a bit different she has her own health issues (lupus I think she said) and her husband has stage 4 cancer and battling the disease and still going through treatments and surviving---If you had a loved one or know someone going through this (and perhaps there are customers fighting this same battle) people are touched by her story and show it by wishing her husband the best and posting notes of encouragement and checking in to see how he's doing on Lisa's Facebook Page....I dont think its odd for people to show COMPASSION when they hear a story that they can relate to and/or it touches their heart.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I don't see any difference with people being interested in and following TV shopping hosts than being interested in the lives of other people on TV, such as the Kardashians (I have no idea how to spell their name).  The tabloid papers make millions due to people's interest in others they don't know personally.

Super Contributor

Why didnt Lisa Mason ever come back again to the Q?  She was beloved by everyone.  

Honored Contributor

@Elizabeth03 wrote:

Why didnt Lisa Mason ever come back again to the Q?  She was beloved by everyone.  

Her husband had been ill. She is my favorite Q host.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@LancerHawkFriar wrote:

@I caught the presentation too....a bit of a rehash of out of date styles. I chuckled a bit when she allude to her days @  the Q. She didn't say anything critical, just surprised. 

@LancerHawkFriar  @DeniseColo

While yes I agree that some customers go overboard with their adoration over hosts and consider them "family" even though they are just sales people, but I think Lisa Mason's story is a bit different she has her own health issues (lupus I think she said) and her husband has stage 4 cancer and battling the disease and still going through treatments and surviving---If you had a loved one or know someone going through this (and perhaps there are customers fighting this same battle) people are touched by her story and show it by wishing her husband the best and posting notes of encouragement and checking in to see how he's doing on Lisa's Facebook Page....I dont think its odd for people to show COMPASSION when they hear a story that they can relate to and/or it touches their heart.............

I find it more odd that someone thinks the only reason someone has interest in other human beings is because they themselves are isolated.  Good grief.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.