Esteemed Contributor
On 4/8/2015 stray770 said: I think she left to pursue other career ventures and Gino was diagnosed after that. She has been away from QVC five years ago and Gino has not had esophageal Cancer for five years; I believe he just finished treatment.

“My husband has stage four esophageal cancer which has spread,” Mason posted on Facebook.

“Other than slight difficulty swallowing a few months back, no symptoms at all. I sincerely beg you…if you or someone you know has untreated acid reflux disease or has problems swallowing, please, please see a doctor. NOW,” she wrote.

“A simple endoscopy is all that’s needed,” she continued. “The tumor in his brain is gone…now we treat the esophagus. We have a long road. But we live by our faith and trust in The Lord. Thank you and love you all.”

He is--in no way--out of the woods. The type of cancer she has described is esophageal adenocarcinoma...which is associated with chronic heartburn. It is an aggressive form of cancer; fewer than 1 in 5 who are diagnosed with it will be alive 5 years later. This type of cancer has skyrocketed over the past few decades (a 600% increase over the past 35 years, making it one of the fastest-growing cancer diagnoses). Typical metastatic sites are the brain, the liver and the bones. Most patients are diagnosed in the final stages of the disease, and thus, the prognosis is typically grim.

Heartburn is not merely a nuisance issue, and esophageal cancer is no longer considered rare by the oncological community. Once you have pre-cancerous cells in your esophagus, PPI medications will not save you, nor will antacids.

My father was fortunate to live for 8 months after he was diagnosed...others are not so lucky. A patient can be diagnosed with it and succumb to it in a matter of weeks.

The good news is, if you catch it early, you can live through it.

Please visit ECAN.org for more information.

P.S.-- Her public FB profile indicates that he was diagnosed in August of 2014...not 5 years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/Lisamason.showhost

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I'll welcome her back. She was a great host. I'm happy to hear Gino is doing well and hope it continues.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

I think she is a great host and am looking forward to her return.She is one of my favorites!

Respected Contributor

Thank you, thank you. Finally a great host.

Contributor
On 4/12/2015 mosky said:

I think she is a great host and am looking forward to her return.She is one of my favorites!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Me, too.

Contributor
She is on right now with Jane Tracey. So glad she is back. She is a classy lady who doesn't screech and scream in your face. A breath of fresh air.. welcome back Lisa!
Honored Contributor

Welcome back Lisa! Who would attack such a fabulous woman and show host, doesn't matter, Lisa is better than that, she wouldn't take that seriously. Lisa knows her old fans adore her and I'm sure in no time she'll have new adoring fans.

Respected Contributor
On 4/13/2015 Ozzybear said: She is on right now with Jane Tracey. So glad she is back. She is a classy lady who doesn't screech and scream in your face. A breath of fresh air.. welcome back Lisa!

Love your comments. My sentiments exactly. Let's hope we see more of Lisa Mason and a lot less of some re4cent hires.

Contributor

so happy Lisa Mason has returned!

Contributor

I'm thrilled that Lisa Mason is back!!!!! I was just about to call it quits with the Q but I'll watch Lisa Mason any day/time. So many of the hosts are booring me to tears. Thank you QVC.