Contributor
Lisa Mason posted on her Facebook page that she is leaving QVC with her jewelry line because "QVC doesn't have a place for me anymore". What the heck is QVC's logic?
Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Mason gone from QVC

It means her stuff was not selling. A company does not let a vendor go when their product sells.

Honored Contributor

I suspect Kathy Levine's Diamonique line has taken over the niche that Lisa may have once had.  Lisa had some success when she first came back, then it seemed to fade.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 

I think their jewelry shows have really taken a hit...partly because tattoos seem to have taken the place of jewelry..

ANother societal change...

I've seen many posts here from long time QVC shoppers who say they see something they like but don't order cause even they have so much they don't wear it any longer...

One good  thing about jewelry...you can easily take it OFF when you get tired of it.....!

Gonna be a pretty unattractive bunch in another 40 years....glad I won't have to look at it.

Trusted Contributor

@mrspotts wrote:
Lisa Mason posted on her Facebook page that she is leaving QVC with her jewelry line because "QVC doesn't have a place for me anymore". What the heck is QVC's logic?

From Lisa Mason's FB page on March 1:

Thank you QVC UK for an amazing, amazing launch! Thank you, Kathryn Goldsmith for being my beautiful host, and thank you lovely viewers, for the sell-outs and support! See you all again in April!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

@mrspotts wrote:

@mrspotts  Think about it.  They hired Kathy Levin and probably can't afford to pay both. Lisa hasn't been on for a long time so it don't surprise me.  I did buy several of her pieces and I really like them.  

Honored Contributor

@mrspotts wrote:

@mrspotts , I believe she will be selling on QVC UK.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

If you read the comments in the UK post she said she will be selling elsewhere because QVC does not have a place for her!
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janey2  Just a thought, but I've noticed QVC sharply marks up items that you can buy for a lower price directly from the vendor. 

An example of a product I wanted after watching a Land's End presentation: LE Tie Waist Kimono A569079 is $49.50 + $3.50 s/h on QVC but only $34.96 +$9 s/h directly from LE. That's a $9 price increase over the LE website. The QVC presentation had a lot of LE items I wanted for my vacation so I placed a big order for those items directly with LE, and I qualified for free shipping - not even an option at QVC.  I bet I saved about $60 at LE.com vs. buying the same items on QVC which were supposed to be on sale.

The point is, maybe there was a disagreement with the vendor about QVC's pricing decisions. Maybe she didn't want her customers to have to pay the marked up prices and shipping set by QVC to host her items.  My guess is QVC takes quite a lot off the top to give a platform to the vendors so the vendor may not benefit from the higher price point.

Of course none of us knows.  This is just another perspective on the potential reason she and QVC parted ways.

Respected Contributor

@eaesquire 

Yes....but Land's End doesn't have three idiotic screaming cabin-sock-pajama -clad fake wine-drinking hosts shrieking at you to buy the robe right?

SOMEONE has to pay for all that nonsense.