Respected Contributor

Liquor and wine cash grab !!!

[ Edited ]

It is such a joke, every celebrity and their brother has a wine or liquor out , i am not saying they are all bad , but it has become laughable in my opinion. Some are A list stars and other like Kendal Jenner and her Tequila , i am sure she formulated it her self , LOL. When i saw Jason Wu had one , it lowered my opinion of him , let's jump on this band wagon and make some money. Is it just me ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Liquor and wine cash grab !!!

I agree with you.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

It does'nt make any difference to me.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Agree. And I think it's the same with make-up. It's basically all the same stuff but just with some celebrity's name on it and little different packaging.

Honored Contributor

It is funny.  It speaks to the crazy celebrity worshiping culture we live in.  I think many of these celebs have really just licensed their names to be slapped on the bottles.  We have many wine shops near me and that's where we get our wine.  My favorite has wine tastings where experts give talks.  

Respected Contributor

I did want to add if these people were in the Chef or food area , i would respect them more , designers and actors , it just looks cheesey. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It is funny.  It speaks to the crazy celebrity worshiping culture we live in.  I think many of these celebs have really just licensed their names to be slapped on the bottles.  We have many wine shops near me and that's where we get our wine.  My favorite has wine tastings where experts give talks.  

I live near the Finger Lakes and I stick with our NY. State wines.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Agree. And I think it's the same with make-up. It's basically all the same stuff but just with some celebrity's name on it and little different packaging.

So true @pupwhipped 

My GF in VT was a 'Stylist and Colorist'.  Women would go to her for fashion and makeup...she told you what styles and colors best suited you.  Women actually paid for this service!

Anyways....she also did makeup....she had 3-4 different vendors.  She would pick out colors of eyeshadow, let's say....and they would make the pallete....with HER name and logo on the front.

If someone from nowheresville VT can put her name on stuff...so can ANYONE!

I think celebs have a limited amount of 'fame' time....so they put their name on anything they can....while their recognition is supposedly hot.

I think one of the worst culprits of this is Martha Stewart.  She slaps her name on everything.

It never influences me to buy at all, but wouldn't stop me either if I was really interested.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I live near the Finger Lakes and I stick with our NY. State wines.

The Finger Lakes Region has incredible wines!

I guess I would suggest ....that if local wineries can profit from extra sales cuz Mr. Wonderful has his name on it....more power to them.

Honored Contributor

Grandpa made ours in the cellar....

♥Surface of the Sun♥