Trusted Contributor

Lipstick presentations I wish they would change or stop

I love lipsticks but have a hard time watching for a few reasons:  please when the models or hosts are applying any lipsticks or gloss, they smash and rub their lips together! gross and annoying to me....the other is when presenting a lip plumper please use a model that has normal lips not the ones who already are blessed with full lips, it's hard to tell if it works on us smaller lipped gals

QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lipstick presentations I wish they would change or stop

@northiie57 wrote:

I love lipsticks but have a hard time watching for a few reasons:  please when the models or hosts are applying any lipsticks or gloss, they smash and rub their lips together! gross and annoying to me....the other is when presenting a lip plumper please use a model that has normal lips not the ones who already are blessed with full lips, it's hard to tell if it works on us smaller lipped gals

@

But that's only after they've applied it over and over and over and over again. Only then do they squish and smash and rub and squish and smash and rub. And then they start all over again........5 more coats and then the squish smash rub begins....

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a secret.............lots of models have had their lips injected with ?   (liquid my guess).............to puff them up for modeling career.  QVC has even sold the product in the past.

So.............lips when born = normal......then treated for that s**y look

Honored Contributor

This post seems to indicate that there's some trite thing done on QVC sooner or later that annoys a person.  The amazing thing is that they write about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No interest in lipsticks now with a mask, the 2 just dont play well together. 

Valued Contributor

Do people put on lip products without rubbing their lips together?
Honored Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
Do people put on lip products without rubbing their lips together?

I never rub my lips together after putting on lipstick. I've never known why people do it. I would think it rubs it off.

What does it do?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

It evens out the distribution of the product and smooths it out.
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you about the models mashing their lips together after applying lipstick.  Gross to me.  As a matter of fact, I wrote about this same problem a few years ago.  It's as bad to me as licking your lips after eating.