Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lipstick presentations I wish they would change or stop

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Gross???

I still cannot understand what's bad about rubbing your own lips together when applying lipstick.  The things I read on this forum continue to surprise me.  I've always done it.  My mom and sister do it.  It evens out the lipstick and makes it feel "set" and more natural on the lips.  

There are even some online makeup tutorials about applying lip gloss, "Rub your lips together to spread it evenly on your lips."  

So it's not just models, but many women who have done it since they've been wearing lipstick.  There's nothing wrong with it.  But as a personal preference you may want to avoid lipstick presentations. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

You are right but they don't just rub and that's the end of it. They rub and rub and rub and smoosh and smoosh over and over again till you want to yell "STOP".

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Gross???

I still cannot understand what's bad about rubbing your own lips together when applying lipstick.  The things I read on this forum continue to surprise me.  I've always done it.  My mom and sister do it.  It evens out the lipstick and makes it feel "set" and more natural on the lips.  

There are even some online makeup tutorials about applying lip gloss, "Rub your lips together to spread it evenly on your lips."  

So it's not just models, but many women who have done it since they've been wearing lipstick.  There's nothing wrong with it.  But as a personal preference you may want to avoid lipstick presentations. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

You are right but they don't just rub and that's the end of it. They rub and rub and rub and smoosh and smoosh over and over again till you want to yell "STOP".

@shaggygirl  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

They usually choose models that have had lip injections and not those of us who have normally thinner lips. It will never look the same on us as it does them.

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

They usually choose models that have had lip injections and not those of us who have normally thinner lips. It will never look the same on us as it does them.

Yeah, kinda like when they use models who've prob. had Latisse on their lashes to demo the mascara. Like Allie--who's got super-long lashes to begin with!

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Yeah, kinda like when they use models who've prob. had Latisse on their lashes to demo the mascara. Like Allie--who's got super-long lashes to begin with!

@KKJ 

I have used Latisse for a long time, and no way have I gotten results like some of those models!  I have gotten improvement (longer), but nothing amazing!

I don't smack my lips together, and I use lipstick all the time.  I try to use a small mirror and apply carefully.  But I know some do.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

When I apply lipstick I rub my lips together.  Isn't that a part of applying lipstick?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Imo, the lip smacking isn't as bad as everyone dipping their  fingers into the tubs of cream(s).  Lots of various fingers.

They really should use a fresh, new plastic spoon and use it to dip.   That way, the cream stays 'fresh' and clean for the next person/host.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).