Regular Contributor

My husbaand passed away in September and my son had brain cancer and passed away in March.  Life is not good for all of us.  This line of clothes seems rather unfeeling and ridiculous.  These two men need to realize life is what it is and not necessarily good for everyone.

Honored Contributor

@clista wrote:

My husbaand passed away in September and my son had brain cancer and passed away in March.  Life is not good for all of us.  This line of clothes seems rather unfeeling and ridiculous.  These two men need to realize life is what it is and not necessarily good for everyone.

I hope that you will accept my most sincere regret that you have suffered so terribly in these recent months @clista .

I too have experienced a disproportionate burden of loss, actually some within the last few years as well, and there are times when I too “rage against” the seemingly untrammeled lives of others.

I hope that there will be a corner that you will turn some day in your near future when you experience some small release from your grief, whether in a tune that you shared some time ago, or a butterfly, or simply a moment of peaceful thoughts to replace your anguish.

Please know that your sorrow is understood.

Trusted Contributor

Please accept my condolences for your losses.

Respected Contributor

@clistaI have no idea what line of clothing you're talking about.  "Life is good" is an expression and the clothing line is using it.  No one is forcing you to buy into the thought or to buy anything from the clothihg line.  Simply ignore it and move on.  If a substantial number of consumers look at the clothing line and agree with you, they'll also move on.

We're in our upper 70's.  We have a number of age-related problems and illnesses.  We've often said that being the age we are beats the alternative.  Even with all of the problems it probably still does.

Occasional Contributor

So sorry for your loss.  Sadly, you have had more than your share.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@clista  First, my condolences.  You have had a very difficult few years and I am so sorry.

As for the clothing line, it has been around for a very long time.  All of us have had difficult times, but a line of clothing that has a slogan meant to bring happiness should not have an effect on us.

My DH had two forms of stage 4 cancer and I retired with a traumatic brain injury that was job related.  I absolutely understand how you feel.  However, every day when I get up, it is a good day as it beats the alternative.  

If you have not gotten counseling, I would urge you to do so.  While I have never been enthused wtih counseling, I think that sometimes you just need to talk to an impartial party who can help direct you in a more positive way.  We cannot do anything about the past, but we can look forward to a happier life.  Easy for me to say, but I have been there more times than you can imagine, just like others on this board.  Please reach out to someone, even if it is just to post here.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@clista wrote:

@clista 

I am offering my condolences to you on the loss of your husband and son.  I cannot even imagine the grief and sadness you must be experiencing. Losing any dear loved one is just the most difficult thing anyone can ever endure.  I lost my mother not that long ago and it is the hardest thing I have ever gone through.  I hope and pray that you have family members and close friends that are there for you and can give you the support, understanding and guidance that you need.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@clista wrote:

I know the sadness of great loss, and hope that you can find some peace. I also happen to know the two brothers who own this company, and they created the Life is Good Kids Foundaton. The foundation helps kids who have not had such good lives. These two brothers are the furthest thing from unfeeling and ridiculous. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@clista : I am very sorry for your loss.   Regrettably we all have been through some kind of trauma in our lives.   I watched my mom suffer through lung cancer and was by her side at her last breath.  A few years later I survived breast cancer after surgery, chemo and radiation.   I just try to be thankful for each day and never, ever thought to ask once "why me"??   Life happens and just because we are going through something difficult we really shouldn't expect others to be unhappy.  I hope you can find peace in your heart.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for your terrible loss.  My deepest sympathy.