Trusted Contributor

Dear Mr. George,

In reply to your letter today about bringing HSN several respected catalogs into the QVC group, you are right to be "excited." Your mix of sales channels and product choices is very well-rounded at this point, with offerings that should suit almost all moderate-tier customers. And I appreciate you keeping everyone informed about these changes.

You also mention that you intend to preserve the separate personalities of these sales channels. I encourage you to do so, even if there is some cross-over merchandise. Each site or catalog has its own market and demographics, and their customers don't necessarily cross over. In particular, many shoppers seem to have a strong preference for either qvc.com or hsn.com, but not both. I, for example, use two of your family of sales channels and am indifferent to or dislike the others. 

Keeping separate identities for your outlets helps customers like me zero in more easily on what they want, without wading through a huge inventory they don't want. This, I believe, is the huge downside of shopping on Amazon or Jet, despite their obvious pricing and shipping advantages.

I'm sure many others who read this have different opinioins--this is just mine.

Esteemed Contributor
I'd like to see the letter you're replying to, @KaySD.
Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Thank you @momtochloe!
Trusted Contributor

Sorry! It's linked from the home page today. I see someone else has posted a link--thanks!

Esteemed Contributor
No wonder. I never see the home page. My link goes straight to Forums-All Topics page, and I usually use the QVC app to shop or view my account.
Honored Contributor

wrote:
No wonder. I never see the home page. My link goes straight to Forums-All Topics page, and I usually use the QVC app to shop or view my account.

me too

Respected Contributor

I really don't see the benefit.  There are still two different places to shop.

Honored Contributor

Re: Letter to Mike George

[ Edited ]

So far, this QVC/HSN new shopping experience is extremely Much Ado About Nothing.  They keep saying they will stay separate and distinct shopping channels.  Even David Venable mentioned that when he was split-screen on air with Bobbi Ray from HSN this morning during his Saturday Morning show.

Time will tell whether they are just including each other in their respective marketing shout-outs, or if it’ll be more than that.

Respected Contributor

I think they're using a successful business strategy being used today, especially by Amazon. Why duel with the competition when you can eat them and turn them into energy to feed your own business.