Honored Contributor

Re: Letter to Mike George

[ Edited ]

It will be interesting to see how efforts to entice younger viewers work. In the absence of better product selection, pricing and shipping costs and methods, I don't think younger hosts, apps and so on are going to woo a lot of younger shoppers. The overwhelming emphasis on beauty products might attract some, but to the extent it encourages them to check out the other two QVC stations and the wares so often presented on them, they won't stick around for long. Moreover, they need to walk a fine line between efforts to attract a younger audience and not further alienating existing and older customers and in my estimation they're not really pleasing either demographic. Many of the older group are habituated and shop here based on familiarity and what younger shoppers they have likely stumbled across it and might or not return for more.

As far as it goes, given the product mix and pricing, efforts to attract younger shoppers are about as half-hearted as are efforts to retain 'loyal customers'. It's as if they have a formula and they plan to stick to it no matter what.

I realize I'm only one person and I also realize QVC has its fans, but as for me, I don't enjoy watching anymore. The product selection is too redundant, the deals are too sparse and I find many of the hosts to be just too annoying. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...