Honored Contributor

Re: Let's have no "QVC Ruined Christmas" threads this year

LOL @Moonchilde  You are barking up the wrong tree accusing me.  I have never started a "Qvc ruined my holiday" thread of any kind.  I'm merely commenting on this thread, which was not started by me.  I don't know why you are picking on my posts - I'm not upset about anything nor has QVC ever delivered late something intended to be a gift.  Go pick on someone else for a change.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

LOL @Moonchilde  You are barking up the wrong tree accusing me.  I have never started a "Qvc ruined my holiday" thread of any kind.  I'm merely commenting on this thread, which was not started by me.  I don't know why you are picking on my posts - I'm not upset about anything nor has QVC ever delivered late something intended to be a gift.  Go pick on someone else for a change.

When one posts in a thread, one usually acknowledges that there may be responses to one's post. It is true that some posters consider any disagreement with them, alternate commentary or other POV as "picking on" them. You often accuse me of "picking on" you when I merely make a comment to one of your posts. You do have the option to ignore my comments.

I do regret that I thought a reasoned exchange of opinions might be possible with you; I should have known it would not. No worries, though - not everything I post about matters to me in the scheme of things. Certainly not this recent exchange.

Have a nice day.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered 3 gifts, all for my son on the 14th from other companies but it doesn't matter if they arrive late. We delivered his big gift last Friday, a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500. He and his father "shed some tears" as my son put it. We also had a hands free blue tooth radio installed as they weren't available with the 2012 model. I received delivery confirmation for one on the 21st and the other two says 27th and that will be fine. He isn't expecting anymore gifs. Merry Christmas everyone. 

Honored Contributor

While QVC may "guarantee it" it's ultimately in the hands of UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS and whether they have the manpower to fulfill it.....

My advice---if your waiting until the last minute to do your shopping.....if you want guaranteed presents on Christmas Day---SHOP LOCALLY!!!!---problem solved...NO MORE TEARS!!!

present emoticon

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Those posts don't bother me and don't seem to bother QVC.  There will be those posts because the Q always makes that guarantee, if you pay more for shipping, you will have your package in time for Christmas.  What I feel most interesting are the admonishing posts about complaining andwaiting too long to shop.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Those posts don't bother me and don't seem to bother QVC.  There will be those posts because the Q always makes that guarantee, if you pay more for shipping, you will have your package in time for Christmas.  What I feel most interesting are the admonishing posts about complaining andwaiting too long to shop.

@qbetzforreal

What I fnd interesting is people creating their own problem (waiting too long to shop and then deciding to shop from afar---thus creating the very situation and then whinning about it---it's called lack of RESPONSIBILITY!)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

Several yrs ago, I ordered slightly late but QVC was still advertising "get it by Christmas". I was shocked, I did receive it ON the 23 or 24th. It wasn't going to be a huge deal if not, but I was pleased that I got it in time. 

Now if I recieved the wrong item, or a damaged item, then YES, I would be posting "QVC ruined Christmas".

@TX-starlight, I'm sure that is exactly what almost anyone who ended up with a defective gift or someone else's package (and the other person's Christmas would be ruined too), would do!  They'd post their dissatisfaction on the Q's Forum.

~

Any one who wants to read "How the Q ruined my Christmas", then do so.  Those who don't want to 'see' or read any of these posts should just pass over them & NOT bother commenting on them ... after all it is a subject that they claim is of no interest to them, so they should just move on. 

Why is it okay to "vent" or "rant" about QVC's terrible CS, QVC's poor programing, those 'discussions' about the QVC Hosts and/or Vendors or the same boring products that QVC presents repeatedly, the S & H charges, etc. ... and not about "How the Q ruined my Christmas"? ... makes no sense!

~

Besides, it will just make for a wonderful day for some, who just have to make 'those comments' ... you know that idle hands are the *'s workshop ... so those fingers must keep typing, no matter what ... there's always those who love to see the 'fireworks', even if it isn't the 4th of July.

Trusted Contributor

LibbyAnnE wrote:

First, I can't imagine a missing gift ruining Christmas. Second, I am new to these boards this year, so I never saw last year's Christmas complaints; maybe it was only the phrasing, but "let's have no this or that" seems a bit dictatorial. I won't be complaining about holiday shipping and won't read such posts, but I won't tell others what they should or should not post, either. Maybe I misread the tone of the original post. If so, I apologize.

@libbyannE, No reason to apologize ... I read the post as in a tone/key of both treble & bass clef: 'A flat negative'. 

I, just like you, I won't be complaining about the holiday shipping, nor would I tell others what they should or should not post ... Yes, it does seem a bit dictatorial.

If I don't like the post, I don't read it ... so there is NO need to comment on it and move on ... same as, if I don't like the program on TV, I use the remote. Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Chi-town girl wrote:

What a ridiculous thread topic!

If a delivery commitment isn't met, I understand & no problem with those threads. All 3 shopping channels are promoting delivery "in time" for Christmas. Some items are unique and not available elsewhere.

What makes me Woman LOL is the OP started an offensive thread about who shouldn't wear leggings, dictating to others. And now here is another one Woman Tongue A number of us objected especially when she said she & her hubby make it a form of entertainment by judging overweight women that wear leggings out in public. 

I'm glad posters share info about missed commitments whether it's missed deliveries,  cancelled AD plans, shipping worn/soiled clothing as 'new'. Don't stop sharing those problems!  

@Chi-town girl, your first statement is so right! 

~

Yes, I find it toxic that some feel justified in criticizing others - one can look at the speck of sawdust in another person's eye and yet pay no attention to the plank in their own eye - and boast with pride about it.

~

I believe it is important that others share their concerns, questions or problems ... what they share may pertain to someone on this Forum.

Trusted Contributor

suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the irony of how this thread would inevitably become that to which the OP is objecting.

If you really want no such threads, the better option would be not to bring it up at all.

@suzyQ3, ah, come on now ... this way 'one' can say "I told you so ... "there is always at least one, who will complain that the 'QVC ruined my Christmas'!"

Also, by not bringing up this subject, the Q's Forum would make for a dull day or week  ... this topic of 'unfulfilled promises' will occupy so many and keep them from complaining of the Q's programing, presentations and products, that are so boring, even for a day ... see! ... the Q's Forum is so much more 'lively' ... some, just have a knack to bring so many together to ponder and discuss: what can or can't be or what should or shouldn't be, to read or not to read, to comment or not ... Woman LOL