Respected Contributor

Re: Let's have no "QVC Ruined Christmas" threads this year

Several yrs ago, I ordered slightly late but QVC was still advertising "get it by Christmas". I was shocked, I did receive it ON the 23 or 24th. It wasn't going to be a huge deal if not, but I was pleased that I got it in time. 

Now if I recieved the wrong item, or a damaged item, then YES, I would be posting "QVC ruined Christmas".

Respected Contributor

First, I can't imagine a missing gift ruining Christmas. Second, I am new to these boards this year, so I never saw last year's Christmas complaints; maybe it was only the phrasing, but "let's have no this or that" seems a bit dictatorial. I won't be complaining about holiday shipping and won't read such posts, but I won't tell others what they should or should not post, either. Maybe I misread the tone of the original post. If so, I apologize.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Every year without fail there is at least one "QVC Ruined Christmas" thread because of a late delivery.  And of course it was the only gift for that person.  If something hasn't shown up by Christmas Eve, go out and buy something else locally. 

Well, that would be up to QVC whether we don't have them or not.  The point of these in the more than 20years I've been around reading them is that QVC often PROMISES things it really can't often make good on during the last days. . . Thats why people get upset and steamed.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finish 90% Christmas shopping in October at my favorite store TJmaxx. While I did order some items online in November, the items were not gifts. I would never order online in Dec,  with the exception of  my local B/M stores and the item would have to be in stock. . FYI, I always ordered by express mail,with UPS choice and this year there were 2  issues (NOV). The 1st received late, that was the shippers error. When package was received it was sent back. 2nd also in November it was delayed due to the the Transporter/UPS( no bad weather or accidents) Would  I orderd anything now so late in the season He** no! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I don't shop for Christmas at the Q anymore, much better deals on-line out there with free s/h. When I did though I had one packaged arrive on Christmas Eve while we had already starting celebrating and opening gifts. I just ran upstairs and wrapped it. I was impressed with that delivery. You just need to place orders from anywhere in advanced this time of year.

Honored Contributor

Im over the threads saying QVC ruined Christmas too!  I'm tired of seeing the threads, and I feel as if shoppers should not wait until 10 days before.  

I do, however, think QVC overpromises.  It's more of a caveat emptor though!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

If someone still needs to order a gift for a December holiday, pay for overnight shipping.  USPS Priority Mail is not guaranteed if shipped after the 17th.  

One of my pet peeves is people who whine because their last minute orders didn't arrive on time.  It's not like they didn't know the holidays were coming.  They're the same time every year.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Every year without fail there is at least one "QVC Ruined Christmas" thread because of a late delivery.  And of course it was the only gift for that person.  If something hasn't shown up by Christmas Eve, go out and buy something else locally. 

Well, that would be up to QVC whether we don't have them or not.  The point of these in the more than 20years I've been around reading them is that QVC often PROMISES things it really can't often make good on during the last days. . . Thats why people get upset and steamed.

Once a package leaves Q, it's out of Q's hands.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that there are countless reasons for UPS, FedEx, and USPS delays.  And it's not  like people don't know the holidays were coming.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Once a package leaves Q, it's out of Q's hands.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that there are countless reasons for UPS, FedEx, and USPS delays.  And it's not  like people don't know the holidays were coming.

Yes, but QVC knows this happens too, so they shouldn't over promise period. It works both ways.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Occasional Contributor

If your Christmas is "ruined" because a gift doesn't arrive on time, then I think you are missing the whole meaning of the day. The gift will get there.