Super Contributor

Since clothing has been slipping off the hangers at QVC, and falling on the floor during presentations, why not invest in some lovely Joy Magano velvet hangers from your sister station HSN?  They really work well, and the clothing stays put.

Honored Contributor

@Helen Bach    They don't have to go as far as HSN because QVC has long sold similar velvet hangers that are just as good, maybe better because they have a handy hook on them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

ooooh, I love a handy hook on a hanger.  I did not know QVC sold velvet hangers as well!  Why don't they use them on the fashion shows?

Super Contributor

Re: Let's Talk Hangers

[ Edited ]

Last time I checked HSN, Joy's hangers were all sold out except for the kids' hangers.  They've been on clearance since she left, so my guess is that they won't be back.  I am disappointed because I love those hangers and the many knockoffs out there don't seem to measure up.  They break and aren't colorfast.  Who wants the dye from the hangers to bleed on your clothing?  I collected Joy's hangers in black and never once had a problem with the color transferring onto my garment.

Honored Contributor

@Northern Belle 2    After Joy left they sold tons of her excess on Zulily cheap.  I bought a bunch.  If HSN doesn't bring them back, they'll be missing a sure bet. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

The Joy Mangano huggable hangers I have are all breaking (the hook breaks off the hanger). I will not purchase her product again.

Trusted Contributor

@Helen Bach wrote:

Since clothing has been slipping off the hangers at QVC, and falling on the floor during presentations, why not invest in some lovely Joy Magano velvet hangers from your sister station HSN?  They really work well, and the clothing stays put.

Clothes have been slipping off hangers since I started watching in 1995!

Trusted Contributor

I've never used velvet hangers so I investigated them on Amazon.  There were several comments about the velvet coming off - and on to the clothes.  One person's comment was that when they opened the bag and put the hangers on the bed, she experienced a cloud of dust.  Is this a common issue with velvet hangers?

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

I've never used velvet hangers so I investigated them on Amazon.  There were several comments about the velvet coming off - and on to the clothes.  One person's comment was that when they opened the bag and put the hangers on the bed, she experienced a cloud of dust.  Is this a common issue with velvet hangers?

I don't think so, you can find them at Marshalls and places like that in small packs

Super Contributor

In another thread, someone recommended the velvet hangers from Costco.  I'm going to check them out.  Joy's hangers used to be sold at the Container Store according to a poster but when I checked, they have been replaced by another brand with mixed reviews.  Everyone that used to sell Joy's hangers are now selling a knockoff, which tells me that Joy's are gone for good.  I'm surprised, as they were a very popular product and most likely made good money for the retailers.