Esteemed Contributor

Re: Less hugging and kissing

Phoney kissing and hugging not to mention all the smarmy "I adore you" "I love you so much".  Ugh. It's inappropriate in a work place. Also with all the flu and viruses around it seems even more dumb.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

It's all over the news that the medical professionals are instructing people to withold such forms of handshakes and hugging and kissing.  They are also telling businesses to instruct their employees of this so I'm sure the HR reps are on this at the Q.  Even the Catholic Church had instructions out about no handshakes during the peace segment at mass and drinking of wine from chalices so as not to spread anything.    

Honored Contributor

I think it's dangerous not to take all these precautions seriously.

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99, ITA!!!!
Valued Contributor

@blackhole99. 100%
Honored Contributor

With the virus now would be a good time for QVC to totally eliminate all the kissing and hugging between hosts and vendors/reps.  It is so unprofessional and awkward.  

Trusted Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:

I've never understood why they hug and kiss when they see each other. I mean, when you work with someone, is it your normal to greet that person with a hug / kiss. I've always thought it's silly.  

IT'S SHOW BIZ....Smiley Happy

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

Hopefully the threat of the virus stops Dennis Basso from being so "handsy". I feel he behaves inappropriately at times on the air.

Honored Contributor

@Zsazsa  I agree about hugging and kissing family and good friends but not the kissing and hugging on QVC.   I think it is very inappropriate and a waste of time instead of getting right to the presentation.  I'm surprised there haven't been complaints.

Honored Contributor

I have seen less hugging/kissing this week.  I don't watch much live QVC but last night and this morning..it was obvious that they were not getting to close....I think it's as good thing, virus, flu, etc....no need to kiss/hug when the vendor comes on air.  I think it's more professional if they DO NOT touch.